Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
RyanVM, jcristau, pascal,taniam, telin, jr johnson, aryx, kevin, dveditz
- Firefox 89 beta 14 shipping tomorrow, next week is RC week
- Firefox for Android 89 beta 8 shipped today
- Fenix 88.1.4 shipped today @ 25%
- No other dot release plans
- Firefox 90 schedule changes:
- release date is now July 13
- early beta now scheduled to end after 90.0b9
- 3 extra beta builds week of June 21
- no builds during the week of June 28; following week is RC week
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash rate: 2.24 (+0.09 compared to previous week), crash incidence: 1.61% (-0.03pp)
mc1 crash rate: 4.20 crashes/1k usage hours
- Nightly updates halted for crashes, new builds compiling at the moment
mc2 crash rate: 2.16 (+0..11), crash incidence: 1.18% (-0.25pp)
mc1 crash rate: 2.69
mc2 crash rate: 1.44 (-0.08), crash incidence: 0.69% (-0.07pp)
mc1 crash rate: 1.38
- Existing PI list - still light. Expecting bugwork PI for Proton p2 bugs, product and Eng deciding scope/bugs to be fixed
- Test design in progress
Aurora / Dev Edition
- pre-release sign-offs are due tomorrow
- WebRTC permission Panel - Green
- Elastic Overscroll - Green
- Tabs bar, Infobars, App Menu, Panels, Onboarding -likely to receive Yellow sign-offs due to pending P2 bugs
Feature Status Review
- Firefox 89 Beta - Feature remain a GO.
- No major concerns outstanding. MR1 specific feature devs are still working to land and uplift P2 bugs as they are completed. No blockers identified at this time.
- Firefox 90 Nightly
- Support of XFA PDF.js is CHALLENGED. Engineering reports low confidence this will be ready in time. Likely to slip to Fx91. GO/No-go decision planned for Monday May 24th.
- AVIF remains planned to be enabled for FX90. Keeping watch on this based on historical challenges.
- Updates from DOM have been light around LSNG in Fx90. Still shipping AFAIK. Working to get updates from Jens.
- No new features from MR1 leftovers planned for Fx90. We do expect some new features in Fx91.
Roundtable & Special Topics
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- Fx88 post-mortem notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xX6FGlF5WwDFCbDXoaOih2qh88z_n8SUjR-HNaTk-e4/edit?usp=sharing
- Will there be a postmortem for 89?
- June 15 (tentative), to be confirmed in Thursday's channel meeting