Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
pascal, tania, RyanVM, Aryx, telin, JR, dveditz
- 90.0.2 shipped on July 22 at 100%
- No dot release planned
- 91.0b8 shipping tomorrow
- Next week is RC week
- Fenix 91 beta 4 shipped yesterday at 100%
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash rate: 2.06 (-0.50 compared to previous week), crash incidence: 1.91% (+0.45pp)
mc1 crash rate 4.21 crashes/1k usage hours (+0.52)
- [@ geckoservo::glue::Servo_ImportRule_GetSheet] has returned
- 30-50 affected installations per day
- currently no insight how the application gets into the crashing state
mc2 crash rate: 2.01 (-0.07), crash incidence: 1.59% (-0.04pp)
mc1 crash rate 3.66 (-0.98)
mc2 crash rate: 1.50 (-0.18), crash incidence: 0.97% (-0.10pp)
mc1 crash rate: 1.90 (-0.20)
- Kick-offs are happening this week
- 4 PI tickets related to MR 1.1 got dropped/moved to next release
- [PI-1065] SmartBlock Phase 3 - technical document is missing, kick-off meeting scheduled for July 28th
- [PI-1123] Make the certificate error pages are more user friendly - will be landing late, QA to run nightly testing as time permits
- received info for https://mozilla-hub.atlassian.net/browse/PI-1136 (Facebook video calls smoke testing)
Aurora / Dev Edition
- Prelim reports were Green, no critical issues or concerns
- Pre-release feature sign-offs are due tomorrow, Wednesday
- Beta 3rd round of Regression testing to be completed this week
Feature Status Review
- Fx91 Beta (On track)
- No features identified as challenged or at risk. No known uplifts planned. Looks quiet.
- Fx 92 Nightly (On Track)
- Working to finalize feature list. No challenged or at risk callouts from Feature owners.
- Working to get additonal details around several features; 'WebRTC testing of Facebook group calling', and 'Ship ETP Strict Shimming Phase 3'
- Both 'run-from-.dmg behavior changes' & 'Package into MSIX' not expected to ship until Fx93. Requested QA support for Fx92.
- MR 1.1 scope has been scaled down for Fx92. Trying to understand what the new scope is but I would say were looking at 30% or so of the original features/scope.
- May have some additional features coming from Platform. Team is getting better around their usage of JIRA. See their basic Kanban roadmap; https://mana.mozilla.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=130928588.
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1720621 Print scaling (manual or Fit to page width) causes missing content in printout <-- Fixed
- The forum saw inbound relating to this. Currently showing closed with fix going into V92
* https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1721949 Zooming in on a certain pdf consumes a huge amount of memory and causes the browser(incl. PC) to hang * Fenix: https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/issues/19166 Tab list impinged by dialogs with multiple tabs open * Fenix https://github.com/mozilla-mobile/fenix/issues/20329 Add an option to disable the "Recently saved" section
Roundtable & Special Topics
Post-Mortem (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- next postmortem, is it on Aug 3rd?