Channel Meeting Details
- Tuesdays at 10am and Thursdays at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Riot #release-drivers for backchannel
- Past meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Channels/Meetings
- Zoom Meeting ID: 536 097 768
- +17207072699,,536097768# US
- Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/agItTmqIu
These notes are read by people who weren't able to attend the meeting. Please make sure to include links and context so they can be understood.
- 1 Attendees
- 2 Schedule Update
- 3 Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
- 4 Desktop Stability
- 5 Mobile Stability
- 6 QA
- 7 Feature Status Review
- 8 SUMO Report
- 9 Roundtable & Special Topics
dmeehan, telin ,afischer, dsmith, RyanVM
- No dot release before 104 go-live
- 104.0 RC1 @ 100% rollout on the beta channel
- 104.0 RC2 building now for a top crash fix (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1784983)
- 104.0b10 Devedition currently building for same top crash
- Also building new 104.1.0 Fenix/Focus builds based on RC2
- 104.0b7 Beta Fenix/Focus planned to address top crash on the beta channel
- Top crash in 105 nightly fixed (https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1784983)
- Soft code freeze starts today
Release quality metrics (Tuesdays)
mc2 crash incidence (% of users experiencing a crash): 2.24% (+0.45pp compared to previous week) == back to normal level, crash rate (crashes/active hour for crashing profiles): 1.81 (+0.22)
- crash spike for Crash in [@ mozilla::net::UrlClassifierFeatureEmailTrackingDataCollection::ProcessChannel] which started yesterday, either new web code or a change on our end deployed outside the build
- resolved in latest Nightly and 104.0rc2
- top crash in [@ mozilla::wr::RenderMacIOSurfaceTextureHost::GetSize]
- got resolved
mc2 crash incidence: 1.09% (-0.67pp), crash rate: 2.15 (+0.13)
mc2 crash incidence: 0.70% (+0.01pp), crash rate: 1.60 (-0.26)
- RC1 91.13.0esr-build1 - in testing. No concerns until now.
- RC1 102.2esr-build1 - in testing. No concerns until now.
- Nightly 105 pre-merge regression testing will be performed at the end of the week
Aurora / Dev Edition
- RC1 104.0-build1
- Functional testing is completed - Green status
- Update testing on 'beta' and 'release-localtest' channels is completed. No concerns.
Feature Status Review
- Fx104 Beta
- Looking to be a very feature-light release. No challenged or at risk issues reported.
- Audio Remoting Core work (implement and enable a new AudioIPC layer) has been removed from the Fx104 forecast as it is unclear when this will be enabled for Mac and Linux (Windows support already shipped).
- Investigate/prototype Container Queries slipped to Fx105 as the work just took a bit longer to complete than originally anticipated
- Fx105 Nightly
- No challenged or at risk features this time
- Features shaping up for MR 2022. Colorway Closet, Felt Privacy, Firefox View now considered dev complete!
Roundtable & Special Topics
Retrospective (Tues 2wks from GA Release)
- 103 retro date set for Aug 23