From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Square Conference Room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
  • #planning for backchannel
  • (the developer meeting takes place on Tuesdays)

Upcoming Product Releases


Firefox 3.0.16 / Firefox 3.5.6

  • almost hit code freeze; need a couple more patches to land (or get made!)
  • on track for mid-December release

Firefox 3.6 Beta

  • shipped an update last night, Nov 10
  • currently over 250,000 ADUs

Firefox 3.6 RC

  • code freeze target is November 18th
  • release target is November 26th

Fennec 1.0x Maemo Beta

Fennec 1.0x Maemo RC

  • maemo rc string freeze target is November 18th
  • maemo rc code freeze target is December 1st

Fennec 1.0x WinMo Alpha

  • winmo a4 code freeze target is December 1st


  • Bespin Embedded "preview" release. The first real standalone release of a Bespin embeddable text component, with docs and all.
  • Personas 1.4 (rc2 11/11, final 11/13): gives users more info about the categories and personas exposed through the extension and directs them to the web gallery for more personas from the categories as well as more info on the selected persona and its designer.
  • Jetpack Gallery pushed this week
  • Weave 1.0 beta1 - requires users to referesh their data to server


  • common issues
  • Still seeing bug 486507 (Chrome registration failed) -- getting a spike as usual after a pushed update.
  • A couple reports of the Entry Point not found error bug 525390 and a few Firefox not starting after update.
  • People with older/expired firewalls with the usual connection loss. bug 335289.
  • AV software blocking/deleting downloads?
  • Good news: it FEELS like there are fewer crashes but that could be because of an increase in other issues -- disclaimer: these numbers aren't statistically validated

Product Development

Firefox 3.6 / mozilla-1.9.2

future / mozilla-central

  • jrmuizel is working on a scrolling benchmark (bug 527728)
  • bnewman is working on a Direct2D backend for Cairo (bug 527707)
  • WebGL work moving forward, some discussion of perf issues around different array types between WebGL and JS
  • jonas landed asynchronous script loading (bug 503481)
  • reminder that the power's going off this weekend, so we'll be closing the 1.9.2 tree while we lose test coverage on the mobile devices


  • Fennec string freeze is next Tue, RC code freeze two weeks after that
  • added el, fi, nb-NO, nn-NO, sr to Fennec all-locales
  • Firefox 3.6 at 60 green locales, 15 with missing strings. 6 of those with 9-ish that haven't caught up since B1. Gandalf ETAs Fri-Mon if we reach out tonight.
  • bn-IN, en-GB, eo, gu-IN, kn, ml, si, ta-LK, vi green without shipping so far. Need to work to get sign-offs still.


  • Fx 3.6
    • 3.6Beta(revision2) aka b2 sign-off
    • bug 526019? blocklisting older versions of Flash for 3.6b2 with severity=0
  • Fennec:
    • Signed off on Maemo Beta5
    • Talking about getting l10n + QA figured out with multi-locale builds
    • Fennec 1.0 Beta Panning/Zooming Testday this Friday, Nov 13
    • TPan/TZoom coming back online
    • Initial run of Talos TS on WinMo completed with Aki
      • minor cleanup required to get results on graph server
  • Tegra:
    • Smoketested Firefox 3.6 Beta 2 build and ran update testing
    • Continued testing of nightly builds
    • Bug verification
    • beta updates pulled bug 527867

Release Engineering

  • Power outage saturday (see above)
  • FF3.5.5: RelEng took 13 hours; fastest yet.
  • FF3.6b2 went well
    • WinCE pulled after the fact as requested
  • when prompted MU FF3.0.15->FF3.5.5?
  • refreshed MU for FF2->FF3.0.15?


  • AMO on-site this week. We won't be there to say this in person!
  • Compatibility up to 46%
  • AMO 5.3 launches this Thursday

Web Dev


  • Noticing that CrashKill is getting more 3rd party vendors involved, and there is consistently a need for crashdumps and repro steps that may or may not be there. Is there any way of working with the sumo team to set up a process to get additional data and permission to share from the people they interact with?
  • Now that severity is available in blocklists, does it make sense to establish what our default will be, and what criteria we'll use to set a different severity? (see [1] for additional info on the client settings Fx accepts



  • Plugin Check
    • Average of 40K p/v a day.
    • Have final copy and design; waiting on the suite of buttons from martell.
    • Goal is to have them on SFx and passing them around for the week of 11/23.
  • Working on increasing beta usage...Jane is setting up a Facebook group and has other projects in the works. Also, pending some data analysis we'll be adding a beta promo to the /ie and /firefox download pages in the same format as the one we have on /upgrade.
  • Key pages are ready for l10n, but three other bugs need to be resolved before First Run/What's New are ready for launch:
  • Other details for the 3.6 launch