Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 2.0.0.x / 3.0.x
- Firefox 188.8.131.52 -> 3.0.5 Major Update
- About 1.5mm people converted so far (since Jan 8th offer)
- 14mm users remain on Firefox 2 (7mm users of that are on Firefox 184.108.40.206)
- remaining number of Windows 95/98 users not significant
- large number of Firefox 2 users report "other" as OS
- Firefox 3.0.6
- Builds are made and QA is testing them
- On track for beta release next Tuesday
- Final release is scheduled for February 3 but will likely move to February 4 to accommodate Firefox 3.1 and bug 471816
- Firefox 3.0.7
- Tree is open to approved checkins
- We'll be going through approvals later today
- Please land checkins asap
- Code freeze is scheduled for February 3 at 11:59pm
- Queries for blockers/nominations/approvals are on the Firefox 3.0.7 wiki page
Firefox 3.1 Development
- P1 blockers still outstanding, might be tight
- goal is to get non tracemonkey P1s landed by Thursday EOD
(see development meeting notes for more details)
- ~ 350k users on the Firefox 3.1 Beta 2 (back from holidays)
- ~ 10k users on Shiretoko nightlies
- ~ 5k users on Minefield nightlies
- Code freeze is January 25th, 11:59pm PDT
- QA Start is January 27th, 9:00am PDT
- Release is targeted at Feb 2nd, noon PDT
- Options window reference is being split up by panel .
- Beta 3 testplan
- Firefox 3.1 Feature testing progress:
- Testplans (90% completed)
- Testcases (76% completed)
- Fx3.0->Fx3.1beta Major update test pass (internal)
- Working on verifying 793 fixed1.9.1 bug list! Any help is appreciated :)
- QMO project created on verifying fixed 3.1 bugs on branch and trunk (thanks for the links, beltzner!)
- A lot of our 3.1 testing lately has been around moving smoketests to mozmill, and trunk dogfooding.
- FF3.0.6, FF3.1b3
- will investigate how to get more people to even *see* FF2->FF3 MU.
Rey Bango sending out emails this week to get top 500 3.0 add-ons (by usage) upgraded to 3.1. Emails will be personalized and we'll offer advice and assistance on upgrading.
- Offline resource documentation is largely complete now, aside from some examples, which are in progress.
- A new workers example is done and will be added to the wiki in the next few days.
- Help: performance methodology to generate numbers
- Help: please look at the messaging page for new stuff we should mention for beta 3: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3.1/Messaging#Beta_3
- Passing off first draft of 3.1 features page to TRO by EOD; will have another round of review after the page gets mocked up.
- Tracking to get first round changes back by 1/30
- Tent. schedule for "what's new" in 3.1 video on 1/30 while Beltzner is in Mtn View
- Beltzner reviewing beta 3 pr plan, EU teams working on their press outreach lists
- dveditz to drive a project to see if we can have a "check your plugins" site where users can go to determine if their plugins are up to date, and if not, find links to updates (see bug 391433 for details)
- beltzner, johnath, chofmann asked to be cc'd
- justin agreed to follow up with morgamic to ensure that we could throttle Major Update snippets on a per version / channel basis (to allow users to "Check for Updates..." to Firefox 3.1 on launch day, but not have the offer given to users who do not explicitly check)
- beltzner to follow up with joduinn, nthomas, axel about code handoff dates