Firefox Product Delivery Meeting Details
- Wednesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 8605 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8605 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #shiretoko for backchannel
NOTE: See Platform#Meeting_Notes for development meeting notes
Firefox 2.0.0.x / 3.0.x
- Firefox 3.0.6
- Shipped to beta users yesterday (January 27)
- On track for release next Tuesday, February 3
- Please let me know if you see any bugs that should block the release
- Firefox 3.0.7
- Code freeze is scheduled for February 3 at 11:59pm (in less than a week)
- Final release targeted for early March
- Queries for blockers/nominations/approvals are on the Firefox 3.0.7 wiki page
- (Only four approved bugs that need landing. My threats worked! ;) )
Firefox 3.1 Development
- full platform meeting notes available from yesterday
- still at 18 P1 blockers that need to be fixed for Beta 3
- at this time, we don't have a good estimate for when we'll be done; many of the bugs are proving to be tricky and complicated to fully resolve
- component leads are meeting this afternoon to see what we can do to speed things along
- ~350k users on Beta 2
- ~10k users on Shiretoko nightlies
- ~10k users on Minefield nightlies
- code freeze is hard to predict at this time
- thus other downstream dates cannot be predicted
- watch devnews and dev.planning for updates
- Link to support doc when user is notified that places.sqlite is locked is now working.
- New help-topic link planned: about:privatebrowsing will have link to Private Browsing support doc. bug 471726
- Options window article split progress: 25% of locales have sent in their translations. 
- Top weekly common issue is still locked/corrupted sqlite files. Are there plans to land bug 414715 in 3.0?
- New issue: Yahoo toolbar not letting you log into Yahoo. (KB article: Cannot log in to websites (landing soon!))
- Firefox Beta 3
- 63 locales
- only 1 locale missing from Firefox 3.0.x
- Fennec l10n
- basic build infrastructure in place, make installers-ab-CD works
- more bugs open to get to feature parity
- work on support on l10n dashboard started
- Early adopter group driven by l10n-drivers, sethb, gandalf, stas, me
- Beta 3 testplan
- Firefox 3.1 Feature testing progress:
- Testplans (92% completed)
- Testcases (83% completed)
- ETA to completion: post-beta 3
- 135 trunk & 1.9.1 bugs verified in last 2 weeks. Great work! But 921+ to go...
- Beta 3 Nightly Testweek in progress, capping with a testday on friday 1/30. We may do another testday next week, b3 builds pending.
- waiting for "go" on FF3.1b3
- testing "major update" from FF3.1b3pre -> FF3.1b3pre
- several meetings last week about remaining FF2 users
- Of the remaining 13.6M on FF2, 6.5M are not even on FF184.108.40.206, so not even seeing the MU offer
- investigations continue
- Email going out this week to top 500 developers not yet on 3.1.
- Bringing on more editors on a weekly basis to handle update load.
- Yahoo! in process of updating all home pages to accept 2009 build ids. will be completed Monday
- Want to clarify change to defaults in ru for 3.1, as well as outline policy moving forward, and end-user notification/impacts
- Review browser.startup.homepage(_reset) pref policy (global, non-localizable currently) and management of locale.start*.mozilla.com hostnames
- Documentation for workers has a new sample.
- Now working on remaining smaller documentation items, since the major doc issues are complete enough to do the job for now.
- Please contact Sheppy if there are any urgent documentation needs for 3.1 beta 3.
- Last call for FF 3.1 features - please look at the messaging page (much love)
- Positive coverage of Open Video grant (http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/27/mozilla-spends-money-to-make-web-video-free/)
- Call for beta testers included on today's Community Marketing Call (http://www.spreadfirefox.com/cmt)
- dveditz to drive a project to see if we can have a "check your plugins" site where users can go to determine if their plugins are up to date, and if not, find links to updates (see bug 391433 for details)
- beltzner, johnath, chofmann asked to be cc'd
- justin agreed to follow up with morgamic to ensure that we could throttle Major Update snippets on a per version / channel basis (to allow users to "Check for Updates..." to Firefox 3.1 on launch day, but not have the offer given to users who do not explicitly check)