This page describes the efforts we are currently working on about porting Firefox OS on the Fairphone device.
This page is for project management, not for end-user support or code documentation.
Current project actions
To do : ignition
- Take the FxOS/Fairphone discussion in an other place than Reps mailing list (B2G mailinglist) so porting question can get more/better attention [NicolasWeb]
- Post something too in xda-developers: it might also be a good place to build a community around the port [NicolasWeb]
- Contact Firefox OS Device functional team [NicolasWeb]
- Building project tools:
- Sumo thread [NicolasWeb]
- Improve the general porting plan [Dietrich, NicolasWeb]
To do: Progress
- Porting strategy: Needs, time, place & people need to be defined.
- Porting devs: Target devs that are used to chipset Qualcom 8974.
- Current: target the Fairphone v2 that is aimed to be released during 2015. Fairphone v2 initial announcement.
- Option: Evaluate, the possibility to target Fairphone v1 as recent release of a MediaTeck chipset FxOS phone announcement (The Orange Klif). Fairphone v1 updating issue
- Project coordinator and evangelist: NicolasWeb
- Project tools:
- Meetings: check in the Progress section
Everybody is welcome !
Fairphone's blog post: We do not yet have any news about possible alternative operating systems available for the next Fairphone, but we have been hearing community interest for this and will share more news in the coming months regarding what software will ship and be supported on the device.
- Meta bug: Fairphone v2 Bug 1139642
|1229702||[Fairphone] Patch the Fairphone kernel to support SECCOMP filter||RESOLVED||1139642||---|
|1233685||[Fairphone] Make FirefoxOS booting||RESOLVED||1139642||[systemsfe]||---|
|1236841||Support Lollipop CAF implementation for Bluetooth headers||RESOLVED||1139642||---|
|1244519||fairphone2 doesn't flash to Phone after successful build. Unsupported device "FP2", can't flash||VERIFIED||1139642||---|
|1244551||[Fairphone] Make RIL works with dual-sim||RESOLVED||1139642||---|
5 Total; 0 Open (0%); 4 Resolved (80%); 1 Verified (20%);
These ports are listed here because that could be ways that make it easier to port then to the Fairphone device.
- A list of existing projects on Dietrich Ayala's blog to port Firefox OS on some devices