Weekly Gaia Development Meeting
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: Ben Francis
Announcements & Notices
reporter: tony chung
- Individual team member status here - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-qa-standup
- QA/A-team to present an overview and challenges of Quality talk at the workweek (Jason, John H, Jonathan G)
- 46/47 smoketests passing, 1 untested
- Performed keyboard spot checks on Leo, Buri due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=908393
- 1.1 HD
- partner User Agent Strings are including whitespaces in their device names. TAMs have been notified to recommend the changes
- TW QA owns the work - last full testrun on 8/14
- 23 open bugs (some are blockers): http://goo.gl/1kcu1U
- some testcase cleanup happening; as we'll run a full regression testrun during Oslo WW; we might be reaching out to devs with some questions about testcases.
- 44/47 tests passing - blockers below
- Halting Unagis, and focusing only on TCL devices
- Concentrated area testing on CDMA, RIL, BT, WVGA will happen on Helix, Nex4
- Regression testruns are in progress. Goal is to execute a full testrun during the workweek
- Multiple backouts last week causing phone to fail the boot
- [Systems FE] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=893800#c20
- [Systems Platform] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=911171
- [Systems Platform] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=911737
- Gaia UI Automation
- Got blocked twice last week with phone failing to boot due to bug 911171 & bug 911737
- Open Question - Process for handling large feature landings that will cause expected failures to UI Automation in order to minimize expected failure time
Ebay ZTE Open issues: (these need to be nom'd for something to get action) 908512 OS OTA Update doesn't apply on ZTE Open 908622 Facebook contacts import shows "Invalid App ID: 323" [Bug 906836] New: [Messages] [TCL ] Movistar Columbia customers are not able to send/receive SMS (update: we have root cause) Google Importer app not working on ZTE - investigating&working with TEF on it (new version of app was approved and is working) First month report on FFOS support completed and ready to be shared-number of queries by market, top categories deep-dives, top SUMO articles viewed by users&bugs we've been working on this first month Ralph in Colombia for last phase of UX Research (in Paris today)
Talking this week (9/3): jrburke - want to land email notification work this week: integration tests, some notification integration issues. - getting ready for oslo - brining up dev environment for github bot getting ready for oslo Notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-productivity The Team:
asuth, evanxd, ianliu, gaye, lightsofapollo, doliver, jrburke, gghosh, mcav, jhford, cserran, pdol, tony (qa), william hsu (qa), robmac
Backlog in Pivotal Tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/867311
Media front end
- Talking this week: hema
- Completed our first sprint and landed features related to music and video app
- Doing a short sprint before Oslo:
miscellaneous small features on music and gallery apps
"forward lock" DRM (bug 985856)
- Details on pivotal: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/886840 Team: djf, dhylands, dmarcos, johu, dkuo, jporter, mikeh, sikeda, cserran (epm), robmac, patryk, marcia (qa), hlu (qa), skasetti (product)
Talking this week: bkelly
TEAM: bkelly, geo, hub, huseby, jhylands, jld, kgrandon, mlee, wlach, Bruce Weng, Walter Chen
Team work week focused on performance automation and catching performance issues sooner
We'd like to see a performance test try server
Email email@example.com or ask in #fxos-perf if you have specific performance tests your interested in.
Triage: Component teams please tag performance bugs with perf keyword
Talking this week: Ben The team: blassey, bfrancis, dharvey, clord, cserran, naoki, hubert lu, krudnitski, francis, ian
First integration test passing! :) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=905916
Other integration tests failing :( https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=906055
Seeing weird timeouts in integration tests https://travis-ci.org/mozilla-b2g/gaia/builds/10936968
"rm -r $GAIA/b2g" seemed to help when running locally, but different people seeing different results
Bugs in B2G Desktop?
As usual you can see our backlog in Pivotal Tracker https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/867301
Talking this week: anthony (unless someone else wants to?)
Bug 887776 - [User Story] Export contact as VCARD to Media Card: https://vimeo.com/73443222
Bug 887663 - [User Story] Receiving contact as a VCARD via Bluetooth https://vimeo.com/73606257
FDN (Fixed dial numbers) support in progress, we did a live demo but not landed yet
We demoed placing a new call, redesigned the status bar version of the call screen and the call screen look with a conference call ongoing. No code landed yet.
System front end
Talking this week: gregor
Bug tracking: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/877441
The team: cserran, gwagner, ladamski, reuben m, kyle m, michael h, aus, francis, jason, atsai, pdol
new Notification API: closing, replacing should work.
customization: unit tests done, not blocking on integration tests
unifying permissions: on the way
offline handling: replacing blue screen.
Team blocked on legal & build/release team priority for "Create base integration test for Gaia System Customization work" - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=898520 --please contact Ghislain Lacroix "Aus"
Talking this week: Mike Pennisi (jugglinmike)
We only have unagis for testing (fixing soon)
Rick and Corey still working on SMS
Mike has been working on integration testing
We have all been contributing to the new Clock features for 1.2
Adding Timers and Stopwatch
UX Improvements in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=898456
Refactoring in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=896751
Mike recently was made a peer
Do we have users stories and UX specs for Flatfish yet? Will functional teams be working on these or another team in parallel? How will this be coordinated?
Nexus 4 8GB now out of stock in the US and not coming back. What devices should everyone have?
Anyone interested to work on bug 841422 - Move unit tests for shared code out of gallery?
Useful or Old Links
- Weekly B2G project-wide summary now updated at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-status
- Gaia bug triage is now daily: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-triage-plan The meeting takes place in the B2G Vidyo room https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=2FCZj4WaeeMQ. Notes and bug searches are at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-triage.
- Daily smoketest results for this week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqDJxnTd7VDLdDRKOE1uanE3M3FtMDBOVjRIV253S1E#gid=11
- Join the Mozilla community directory! Not much B2G representation there yet: https://mozillians.org/en-US/search?q=b2g
- Previous meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
- For market / competitive questions reach out to Irina (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Grace (email@example.com)
- All bug queries for the project are now consolidated at https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Triage. Add other queries that would be useful to share.
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Hacking has been updated, please help improve it to help new contributors
- Unit tests and code review: Unit tests are required for landings. Code reviewers, you should deny r+ for patches without tests!
- Documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Boot_to_Gecko/Gaia_Unit_Tests (with included script to easily launch tests with FF nightly on Mac and Linux)
- PM: Is it possible to get all of the accumulated user stories for all past versions (1.0, 1.0.1., 1.1, etc) in one place? In checking over the testruns I'm finding I don't have access to all of the requirements.
- Burndown: http://people.mozilla.org/~lmandel/basecamp/
- Long-poles: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/
- Blocker owners/fixes: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/blockers.html
- 7/22: James
- 7/29: Ben
- 8/6: Julien
- 8/13: Antony
- 8/20: Dietrich
- 8/27: James
- 9/3: Ben
- 9/9: (OSLO)