Weekly Gaia Development Meeting
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: Dietrich
- Minutes copied to the wiki each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
Announcements & Notices
- Tree closure bug found & backed out (see dev-gaia) tree should be open now or soon.
- A number of performance regressions in 1.2. Thanks for helping, and please check Datazilla after landings. LINK HERE DAMMIT Eventually we'll have perf-try and regression notifications.
- Distributed triage: Koi noms are over 500. Expect a few triage sessions a week in your functional teams, more details very soon. And if you don't like triaging, quit committing bugs ;)
- Possible team work week in SF Nov 4- Nov 9 for SystemsFE (Candice)
- QA Automation / Compatibility Test Suite work week Oct 7th - > Oct 12th (dclarke)
- Work Week in Madrid Oct 21 with TEF/Identity for FTU planning (Candice)
- Comms+RIL work week Nov 25-29 in Madrid
- Triage: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Triage
- Landing Rules: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/B2G_Landing
- Deadlines: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Release_Management/B2G_Deadlines
- Taipei Team: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Team/Taipei
reporter: tony chung
- Individual team member status here - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-qa-standup
- Smoketests - 45/46 tests passed, 1 untested
- Still can't do 1.2 OTA Update Testing due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=907444
- full testrun on 1.2 (burirun1), as of Monday, 9/23:
- 3291 passed, 250 failed, 3 blocked, 41 invalid / 4162 cases total. Coverage is at 92%
Some points of note today: The train switched, so we switched over from mozilla-central to mozilla-aurora to get our daily build. The Run: http://mzl.la/14IokXm The Results: http://mzl.la/1ezIkT1 The Breakdown: http://bit.ly/1dY9qEO http://mzl.la/16a4lAf (all: 131) http://mzl.la/17F0dfx (new and reopened: 99) http://mzl.la/18QJnxm (resolved fixed, verified fixed since testrun began: 11)
- Smoketests - 39/46 tests passed, 1 untested, blockers below
- [Productivity - Fixed] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=919587
- [System Platform] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=919601
- [System Platform] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=919833
- [JS Engine] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=915223
- Smoketests - 39/46 tests passed, 1 untested, blockers below
- Gaia UI Automation
- Unblocked to have Gaia UI Automation running on Hamachi
- Inari & Unagi automation not possible due to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=915697
Partner Welcome Pack finished Partner product training - work in progress First incidents report just received from Telefonica for Venezuela - analyzing it and will bring updates next week
Talking this week (9/24): - 1.2 bugs - started POP3 work for 1.3 Notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-productivity The Team:
asuth, evanxd, ianliu, gaye, lightsofapollo, doliver, jrburke, gghosh, mcav, jhford, cserran, pdol, tony (qa), william hsu (qa), robmac
Backlog in Pivotal Tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/867311
Media front end
- Talking this week (9/24): djf - Working on lots of camera features for 1.3 - Tom adding a cool image auto enhancement feature to Gallery. - More in pivotal: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/886840 - Team: djf, dhylands, dmarcos, johu, dkuo, jporter, mikeh, sikeda, cserran (epm), robmac (ux), patryk, marcia (qa), hlu (qa), skasetti (product) - Bugzilla Whiteboard Tag for tagging media related bugs for triage: [fxos:media]
Updated: Sep 24, 2013 Talking this week: bkelly
TEAM: bkelly, geo, hub, huseby, jhylands, jld, kgrandon, mchang, mlee, wlach, Bruce Weng, Walter Chen
New sprint starting this week.
Prioritizing app launch and fps bugs for 1.2 reported by partners
App launch time issues:
Meta bug here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=915068
Closed datazilla m-c regression bug with configuration change:
datazilla is broken at the moment due to eng build size issues, though
Kudos to gfx teams as it appears their hard work has also helped improve launch
Manual stop watch launch test showed an improvement of about 0.5 seconds with mozilla-aurora over Aug 30 mozilla-central
Continuing to profile and work through app specific issues
App FPS issues:
Meta bug here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=915064
Believe partners will be re-running there FPS tests using more recent gecko to test recent gfx fixes.
prototype ammeter circuit board under development
we will start building new harnesses after the summit
Triage: Component teams please tag performance bugs with perf keyword
New hire: Mason Chang
Talking this week: Ben The team: blassey, bfrancis, dharvey, clord, cserran, naoki, hubert lu, krudnitski, francis, ian
Event target fluffing has landed! https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=900638 Thanks to Dale.
Tiled layers back end is trying to land https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=894333
Share URL should now work with email https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=796565 - thanks email team!
Still a bug with Bluetooth web activities https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=895480
and Bug 895484
User selection of default search engine is going to be disabled by default https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=914593 and search suggestions is not going to be implemented for 1.2 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=833149
As usual you can see our backlog in Pivotal Tracker https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/867301
Talking this week: Anthony
Slow week because post Oslo work-week and Taiwan had a few holidays. Stability work mostly. Also making sure we can work on Buri (conference call for example)
1.3 user stories should be ready in bugzilla today or tomorrow.
koi? should be triaged by the end of the week
Dual SIM support - DSDS version -
Engineering has proposed a bar minimum set of features for 1.3. Product is going to submit it to QC.
System front end
Talking this week: gregor
Bug tracking: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/projects/877441
The team: cserran, gwagner, ladamski, reuben m, kyle m, michael h, aus, francis, jason, atsai, pdol
Finished all must have user stories for 1.2.
Finishing some nice to have customization work.
Notifications: persisting notifications in review.
Fabrice is helping with 1.3 ground work: Moving offline error screen to gaia, Download manager gecko work.
Whiteboard tag - [systemsfe] - use this to get on the System FE team's radar
Possible team work week in SF Nov 4- Nov 9
Talking this week: Corey Frang(:gnarf)
Clock progressing on polishing off the 1.2 features
Mike working on load time regression in clock
Picking up work in Messages also (leo+)
Still need devices for testing
We have 2 Alcatel One Touch Fire's, and 6 unagis
We need 7 phones for 1.3 development
We mentionned automated notifications for perf regressions. Anyone working on this? Any plan?
UX guidelines: https://mozilla.app.box.com/s/aww17rx74k7fjds5vada
Bugs for waterline notifications coming soon.
[dclarke] Compatibility Test Suite integration into gaia builds ?
[jsmith] Gaia::System Bugzilla Component - Breaking It Down for Allow for Easier Functional Team Tracking
[jsmith] 1.2 Regression Blocker Nominations & Blockers - http://mzl.la/17ZQ7pC (103 in total, 73 nominations, 30 blockers) - Can we get traction on these?
[djf] Build-time configuration: is anyone working on this? Can we figure out a consistent solution?
keyboard layouts, autocorrect
video default size
current approach is settings, which affects startup time
[djf] Front-end Latin keyboard work for 1.3: talk to djf if you want to get involved
[Candice] EPMs team to communicate sprint reports every two weeks starting this Friday
[Candice] Updating tracking dashboard for 1.2 blockers similarly to 1.2 must haves this week (and pgm wikis)
James Lal or Zac Campbell: It seems we've moved gaia-ui-tests in Gaia and we're running them in Travis, right? :) <--- Yes- there was an announcement about this earlier
[djvj] I'm blocked on 919006 on Unagi and Inari devices. Email doesn't start, so I can't work on 915223. <-- This was caused by the gecko bug that closed the tree [and is now fixed]
^-- which one is "this" (919006 or 915223)? <-- 919006, but be sure to grab latest gecko to get the fix
[fabrice] What does it really means to close gaia tree?
Useful or Old Links
- Weekly B2G project-wide summary now updated at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-status
- Gaia bug triage is now daily: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-triage-plan The meeting takes place in the B2G Vidyo room https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=2FCZj4WaeeMQ. Notes and bug searches are at https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-triage.
- Daily smoketest results for this week: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqDJxnTd7VDLdDRKOE1uanE3M3FtMDBOVjRIV253S1E#gid=11
- Join the Mozilla community directory! Not much B2G representation there yet: https://mozillians.org/en-US/search?q=b2g
- Previous meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
- For market / competitive questions reach out to Irina (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Grace (email@example.com)
- All bug queries for the project are now consolidated at https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Triage. Add other queries that would be useful to share.
- https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Hacking has been updated, please help improve it to help new contributors
- Unit tests and code review: Unit tests are required for landings. Code reviewers, you should deny r+ for patches without tests!
- Documentation: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Boot_to_Gecko/Gaia_Unit_Tests (with included script to easily launch tests with FF nightly on Mac and Linux)
- PM: Is it possible to get all of the accumulated user stories for all past versions (1.0, 1.0.1., 1.1, etc) in one place? In checking over the testruns I'm finding I don't have access to all of the requirements.
- Burndown: http://people.mozilla.org/~lmandel/basecamp/
- Long-poles: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/
- Blocker owners/fixes: http://people.mozilla.com/~dietrich/basecamp/blockers.html
- 7/22: James
- 7/29: Ben
- 8/6: Julien
- 8/13: Anthony
- 8/20: Dietrich
- 8/27: James
- 9/3: Ben
- 9/9: (OSLO)
- 9/16 Anthony
- 9/23 Dietrich
- 10/2 Kevin Grandon