The new Firefox Marketplace features a new feed format that puts community recommendations in the spotlight. Community curators will select the apps that are best suited for their language and region, making app discovery more local and relevant than ever before.
How It Works
Each region will have a community board responsible for selecting apps to be featured on the main Marketplace Home page. Each board can have up to five members. Depending on demand, we may need to cycle in new members to give everyone a chance to participate.
Board members participate in three critical ways:
- Nominate at least five apps per month that deserve featuring (regional or global).
- Curate the best apps for themed collections that are scheduled in the editorial calendar (e.g. Cinco de Mayo Apps for Mexico, Carnivale Apps for Brazil, Festival of Lights Apps for Bangladesh, etc.)
- Recommend collection themes to populate the editorial calendar.
Become a Regional Community Curator
For Feed V1, contributors who have submitted nominations via the nomination page will be invited to become a curator for their region.
Participation will be opened up to the broader community in V2.
Regional board members must:
- be active members of the Marketplace community, whether as a developer, evangelist, or fan
- commit to trying all the nominations you submit
- abstain from nominating apps that you have any business affiliations with
Current App Curation Board
Thank you to the following contributors for helping to curate featured content on Firefox Marketplace!
- Rigin Oommen
- Willy Aguirre
- Juan Pajaro
- Dimitris Gardiklis
- John Avila
- Gabriel Mičko
- Marko Andrejić
- Gonzalo Pérez
- Md. Anisur Rahman
- Ram Dayal Vaishnav
- Ashickur Rahman
- Andre Garzia
- Rizky Ariestiyansyah
- Nino Vranešič
- Dusan Stojadinovic
- Albarr Muzarin
- Hossain Al Ikram
- Rodrigo Contreras
- Niccolò Cantù
- Atique Ahmed Ziad
- Kemuel Domanog
- Aronne Brivio
Send inquiries to email@example.com