Firefox Marketplace is the only app store dedicated to providing content built with HTML5 standards and open source values. Help bring openness, freedom, and user choice to the world of app publishing.
- 1 Connect with us
- 2 Contribute to Firefox Marketplace This Month
- 3 Contribute to Firefox Marketplace in General
- 3.1 For all levels of technical ability:
- 3.2 For more technical contributors:
Connect with us
Join the marketplace-contributors mailing list to be kept in the loop about contribution opportunities and events.
Are you brand-new to Mozilla and need encouragement, coaching, and mentors to take your first steps and find the projects you want to make an impact on? Mozilla Guides is a searchable, organized resource for you.
Marketplace Community Meeting
- Time: Every other Tuesday at 10am Pacific, starting February 17, 2015
- Purpose: This meeting is for staff and volunteer contributors to coordinate community-building efforts across all functional areas of Marketplace and AMO.
- How to join: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Community/Meetings
See a list of all public Marketplace meetings: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace#Meetings_Open_for_All
- Community Manager: Amy Tsay (Twitter: @catchingamy, IRC nick: amyt)
- IRC: irc.mozilla.org, #marketplace channel
- Twitter: @FirefoxApps
Contribute to Firefox Marketplace This Month
Each month, we highlight opportunities where you can have the most impact. This new format allows us to focus on 15-minute tasks as well as guided projects with a beginning and end. We'll also use self-reporting to document and recognize accomplishments. Each month, a stellar contributor will receive a special gift! Get started
Contribute to Firefox Marketplace in General
There's lots of different ways to contribute to this project, and every skill level is welcome. Whether you're nominating apps for featuring, creating an open web app, or reviewing app submissions, your efforts matter!
For all levels of technical ability:
Test and rate apps
- Go to https://marketplace.firefox.com on your mobile device and find an app with fewer than 10 reviews that interests you.
- Install and sample the app. If it's broken or has mature or unsafe content, use the "Report Abuse" button to notify the app review team.
- Rate and review the app by clicking the "Write a Review" button. See Tips
March 19, 2014: We've added packaged app and native APK support to make Open Web Apps more compatible on Android phones and tablets, and are specifically encouraging feedback from Android users.
Nominate apps to be featured
Help curate the apps that are featured on Marketplace by nominating your favorite app or collection of apps. https://marketplace.firefox.com/nominate
- MDN has a "localization priorities" list that you can check to find a translation project you're interested in.
- Translate apps into new languages and locales or contribute by reviewing translations in your own language, and help developers bring their apps to relevant users around the world. Right now, we need reviewers across dozens of apps in dozens of languages. Get started: https://www.transifex.com/organization/mozilla-tech-evangelism/
- Help localize Firefox Marketplace itself (UI, Help pages, etc.) by working with the L10n team.
Are you a graphic or UX designer? Here are ways your design skills can help: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Marketplace_UX
For more technical contributors:
Create an app
To get started, take a look at the App Center. It contains documentation, tools and information on how to join the open web apps community.
Contribute code to Marketplace
- Contributing a patch to the Firefox Marketplace from scratch blog post by clouserw
- Step-by-step slides and video on how to contribute to front-end Marketplace bugs: http://andymckay.github.io/presentations/contributing-marketplace
- More documentation: http://marketplace.readthedocs.org/en/latest/topics/contributing.html
Review app submissions
Want to be the first to see the best apps and be a key contributor to building a thriving marketplace for app developers on the Open Web? Join the app review team! https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Reviewers/Apps
Help test Marketplace
If you are interested in testing Firefox Marketplace, you can join the quality team, or tackle a One & Done task. Learn more about QA contributions here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Marketplace/Contributing/QA
Help app developers
If you're familiar with app development and enjoy technical writing, you can:
- Help with documentation for app developers
- Translate developer documentation to a different language
- Answer developer questions in Stack Overflow:
Provide feedback around Open Web Apps with ideas and feature suggestions for how to make them and the web as a whole more powerful: http://mzl.la/openwebapps