Mozilla's desktop performance team focuses on improvements to the Gecko platform and desktop Firefox. You can find us on the #perf channel of irc.mozilla.org or email email@example.com
- Vladan Djeric, :vladan on IRC, blog
- Aaron Klotz :aklotz, blog
- Roberto Vitillo :rvitillo, blog
- Avi Halachmi :avih, blog
- David Teller :Yoric, blog
- David Major :dmajor
Measuring & improving Firefox performance
- How to evaluate the performance of your new feature
- Avoid SQLite in your next Firefox feature
- Information on Talos automatic performance tests:
- Telemetry dashboard
- Adding a new Telemetry probe
- The "More Dashboards" sidebar in the main dash has links to all our dashes
- Cerberus: Automated regression detection for Telemetry
- Set the "alert_mails" field in your histogram declaration to get automatic email notifications of regressions
- You can do custom Telemetry analyses using MapReduce or Spark
- SPS Gecko Profiler
Archive (Delete soon)
Old progress reports:
- June 2014 Meeting Minutes, Report
- February 2014 Meeting Minutes, Report
- December 2013 Meeting Minutes, Report
- November 2013 Meeting Minutes, Report
- September 2013 Meeting Minutes, Report
- August 2013 Meeting Minutes, Report
- July 2013 Meeting Minutes
- June 2013 Meeting Minutes
- May 2013 Meeting Minutes
- Mobile Startup Shrink
- Startup Performance
- Front-end Performance (i.e., responsiveness)
- Add-on Performance
- Mobile Performance Info
- Codesighs - a tool which analyzes code and data size.
- Performance:Tools. For measuring performance. Tip o' the propeller-cap to Daniel Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org) for the pointers.
- Performance:Probes. Project to integrate a system of performance probes into Gecko.
Old Documentation and Presentations:
- Code Footprint Performance:Footprint_Reduction_Techniques explains common bad patterns and how to correct them.
- Performance:Profiling_JuJu. Things you should know about doing profiling. Tips and tricks for some of the tools, and lots of other Good Things To Know.
- Profiling and leak analysis on the Mac.
- Performance:Footprint_Tools. Presentation on footprint tools
- Performance:Startup slides Presentation on general performance tools
- Performance:Leak_Tools. Presentation on memory leaks detection tools
- Mac Performance Tools Presentation on performance tools that work on Mac