- 1 Discussion Items
- 2 Project Status
- 3 Round Table
- 4 Notes
- Q4 Goals Discussion
- Dev's tracking features here? http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/mobileroadmap
- Mobile Summit
- Feels like a lot of test initiatives and dates happening (releases, mobile newsletter, performance testdays, sec reviews, features sign off). Lets use the Google BT calendar to track dates.
- (tchung) lets have proposed calenders for subteams
- How is qa+/- working out?
- Update on Crowdsource Addon (missed Goal)
- Update on Litmus -> Case Conductor tests?
- Recap of the 503 meltdown? Anything QA could have done to prevent this?
- First browserID testday next week. What do we need to prepare on our end?
- (tony) Need to assist James with testday setup. Challenge is around bugfiling.
- Community Growth
- Discuss actionable goals this quarter
- Open Web Apps Update (david)
- Test Plan Draft
Execution (kevin, aaron)
- Aurora (9.0) Status Etherpad - Is this useful for folks?
- OWA (Installation/Management API) testing w/Fennec front-end installation/launcher testing - testing strategy
Automation (martijn, John)
- Separate extension now (separate from Mark Finkle's test harness)
- Logging locally working. Logging format to a remote server is correct now. Need to get website set up that handles reporting results (help from jgriffin for that)
- Currently crashtests, reftests are inside the extension, I'm planning to separate them from the extension
- (John): Have been working almost exclusively with all existing automation frameworks (except mozmill) on desktop with aim to get up and running on mobile soon!
- Socorro Bugs:
- Crash Reporting on track still
- Mike Hommey is working on getting Valgrind/Helgrind working on mobile devices
- Server outage partially caused by Fx7 released with instant sync.
- Production server outage this week forced client train QA to take place on stage.
- Client train last week and this week focused on the new setup process for mobile and desktop.
- Ability to pair a mobile device to a desktop before an account is setup.
- Single screen account setup wizard for desktop.
- Mozmill setup test cases will have to be adjusted to fit new setup process. I'll complete that rework this week.
- membase deployment and all other deployments are on hold due to ongoing sync/503 error issues
- Bug 686485 - roll out membase
- Bug 687731 - support writing to two memcaches
- OPs and Dev are currently working on the sync/503 error issues
- Bug 690470 - [meta] Tracking bug: Sync storage nodes responding with 503
- For status: see email updates from Jeff Vier, Pete Fritchman, and Mike OConnor
- No ETA on short or long-term solution
Load/API Testing (jbonacci)
- The Sync Server on Sync6 is now running behind a web server.
- I need to try a few more builds to make sure we can maintain a 24/7 sync service.
- Then, I need to work with Dev and OPs (post sync/503 issues resolution) to get Sync6 talking to a Dev AP so we can test LDAP/CAPTCHA scenarios.
- After that, sync6 will be available for tools and automation development, specifically:
- Litmus + Case Conductor for test case development
- Mozmill + TPS for client side
- Funkload for API/Load testing on server side
Test pilot (tracy)
- Tested latest dev version for mobile and desktop. some minor issue found, which have/are being resolved. release pending any final polish jono comes up with.
- Train 7 has completed testing in Beta and is currently being deployed to Production
- Bug 690474 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2011.09.29 to production
- Train 8 will include all the UI redesign work and will require some focused testing by QA and SoftVision.
- The first Test Day is scheduled for 10/14
- Discussions continue for QA involvement in the BrowserID-SASL project.
- Pancake has some new members : Mardak
- Pancake Goals
- Dev :
- modified websnap for thumbnailer
- new model to incorporate : Places
- QA: Testing details:
- can be found at the bottom of : Current Notes on Pancake
Open Web Apps (David Clarke)
- REcommend time to releng on when Fennec builds should get built?
- typically takes 2 hours to tag and sign a fennec build.
- propose releng starts fennec start builds around 9pm.