Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.
Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific
Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week
- Action Items:
- Stephen to ask Sergey for progress on load/perf-testing tools
- Marlena to email Scott Barber about getting pricing on performance-testing training
- Zac to investigate Jenkins-backup plugins
- Matt to follow-up on getting the Google Nexus devices - we've been requisitioned 2 Samsung Galaxy Nexus ICS phones
- Stephen to do or delegate installing Firefox 11 on the Mac nodes, Zac to install Firefox 11 on the Windows VMs
- Done! We're ready for Selenium 2.21.0!
Discussion Items / Updates
- Testday for Mozilla Reps scheduled for March 30, 2012: https://quality.mozilla.org/2012/03/web-qa-testday-for-mozilla-reps-march-30-2012/
- Aditya Jalgaonkar has accepted our offer for WebQA intern; he starts 5/21/2012!
- How are we doing with investigating performance testing/tools/metrics we need to measure?
- Learned "time curl -I http://example.com"
- Free mobile-performance test at http://www.blaze.io/mobile/
- RESTful API for WebPagetest: https://sites.google.com/a/webpagetest.org/docs/advanced-features/webpagetest-restful-apis
- Funkload is pretty simple to use and is ok for loadtesting < 250 concurrent users.
- Retrospective on mdn-tests pull 11 (three reviews and merged when there were multiple issues)
- Please update the WebQA Pivotal Tracker task list- there are surely items that have been completed, and the list has been passed on to QMO for community tasks. Also, new items should be added if there are any. WebQA Pivotal Tracker
- MDN migration to WebDriver is available for preview! It can't be merged yet as it depends on pytest-mozwebqa 1.0, which is waiting on py 1.4.8. Feel free to look over the changes and make comments: https://github.com/davehunt/mdn-tests/compare/webdriver
- Next steps for getting the Google Nexus devices on our Selenium Grid? Install WebDriver, register with the grid, run tests..?
- Everyone please schedule their testday ASAP (goal!)
Engagement Project Status
If you've worked on an engagement project in the last week, enter your name, the project name, and time spent in hours (estimated).
- Betafarm - 3 hrs rbillings
- Browserquest - 27hrs marlenac, 2hrs davehunt
Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)
- Successful 03/14/12 release
- Many thanks to rshetty !
- TeamRo is rolling on the testday
- Thanks for klrmn for the pull request
- Jetpack Builder (aka FlightDeck)
- no news is good news
- Case Conductor
- We are hunting for a new name for the tool- add your 2 cents via the survey: Mystery Name survey
Time off / Out-of-office
- rbillings in Seattle 3/21-27
Takeaways and Action Items
- Action Items:
- Matt to fix the dial in number for the WebQA meeting
- Marlena to email Scott Barber about getting pricing on performance-testing training (done)
- Team to clean up the WebQA Pivotal Tracker - please ensure the stories are current and mark items as completed if they are
- Stephen to update the code review checklist as a result of the non-merge fiasco - post-merge the merger should stick around and ensure the build continues to be green
- 2nd floor computer lab - find home for qa-selenium7 and the Android devices (tegra boards & ics phones) - stephend/raymond
- Stephen and Raymond will find a community owner for QMO - probably do a blog post
- Zac has found a plugin for Jenkins that well generate backups - he is going to ensure we are able to easily do a restore from a backup
- Next owner:
- Next week's meeting notes: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Execution/Web_Testing/Meetings/2012-03-29