QA/Execution/Web Testing/Meetings/2012-04-19

From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Execution‎ | Web Testing‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

previous mtg | Web QA Home | next mtg

Meeting Details

Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.

Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific

Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week

    • (needs owner) Beta and Aurora build nodes - for now we're going to support Beta (on all nodes), Aurora and nightly only on one node. If need be, we will increase the number of instances.
      • Install/update Beta to all nodes
      • reduce Nighty and Aurora
    • (Stephend) 1) install/update beta on all nodes 2) reduce Nightly/Aurora to just one node, and install/update them
    • (Stephend) Scott Barber - check with Bob if there is a budget for bringing Scott Barber on - action Stephen to talk to Bob - if he says yes then we'll follow up with Scott to make sure the presentation is tailored to our env and needs
      • Spoke with Bob: not something we're going to pursue this quarter
    • Tegra boards & ICS phones - don't have a home yet - need to work with IT (Raymond)
      • we need to work to create an SLA with IT to get our needs/concerns covered
      • qa-selenium7 replacement is currently in a drawer - we need to coordinate with IT on getting this hooked up
    • (Stephen) to talk to Bob about our goals - the wording may change but we suspect the intent of the goals won't change
      • Goals are final; will be reworking them back into our public list (edited them live with Bob on the Intranet)
    • (Matt) to talk to Tobbi to understand where the Mozillian tests are and how we can unblock him
  • Takeways:
    • Setup nodes and hub
      • Can use Cord for osx to get around the rdp connection problems - Need an owner for (dave, raymond, and stephen to talk in London)
      • Folks from should be able to SSH in (see details in the bug; you must be connected to Mozilla-MPT -- this is a new requirement from IT; it will not affect our hosts' abilities to connect to
      • For the Windows VMs, I recommend using CORD: Also note that the username/password should be guessable -- find me if it's not!
      • Who is going to set up the hub and nodes for this? Considering this is for AMO can we just set up WD nodes? Should we just stick to installing Firefox 7 for now as that's what AMO is using at the moment? Should we wait for the outcome of 2.21 testing rather than introduce known stability issues? Does Web QA need assistance from Automation Development? (davehunt)
        • Yes to all of Dave's questions, above; we'll try to look at this (Dave/Zac/Raymond/Stephen) while we're in London together
    • (team) please review Leah's
    • (team) please review Sergey's

Discussion Items / Updates

  • How are we doing with investigating performance testing/tools/metrics we need to measure?
  • The daily standup group want to allocate on a round robin basis taking responsibility for failing automated builds, grid management and other tasks. Jobs will be shared around. Some initial notes have been made here:
  • Native event issues with Firefox
  • Need to install prerequisites on Phoenix hub

Engagement Project Status

If you've worked on an engagement project in the last week, enter your name, the project name, and time spent in hours (estimated).

  • betafarm 6hrs - released 4/16- rbillings
  • air mozilla 6 hrs - released 4/16- rbillings

Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)

  • Affiliates
  • AMO
    • Made tasks for the remaining production tests so the set will be complete for next week.
    • Marlena to demo use cases tomorrow in the Apps show-and-tell
  • Marketplace
  • Input
  • Jetpack Builder (aka FlightDeck)
    • [I assume this is where it goes] push yesterday, small patch with bug fixes
  • Mozillians
  • MDN
  • Socorro
    • Successful milestone 6 release 2012-4-18 - bug 746718
    • runs on webdriver!
  • SUMO
    • Continuous deployment, no updates
  • MozTrap
    • No new updates
  • Wiki
    • no updates

Community Update

  • no meeting no update

Time off / Out-of-office

  • Rebecca OOO off an on the rest of the week due to family emergency

Takeaways and Action Items

  • Sumo pull/92 - Matt will review
  • Jmeter pull/2 - Zac will review
  • Perf testing tools - some feedback from the Conference
  • BuildMaster - team seems interested, Zac will pick some names from a hat and we'll trial it.
  • WD/Native Events - (probably) a regression in 2.21 affecting a few of our tests. Some projects have workarounds already
  • Install pre-reqs on Phoenix hub - Zac will install Java/Ant/Git onto the hub node.
  • Paypal/Iframe issue - Dawagner and davehunt are working on clarifying the issue in detail
    • before the next step wrt Sel/Firefox issue
    • - Setup a Fx7 job on Jenkins to maintain Paypal coverage
    • - Add @paypal marker to exclude paypal from Fx11 test run
  • Next owner: Bebe to chair/ Matt to take notes
  • Next week's meeting notes: