QA/Execution/Web Testing/Meetings/2012-06-21

From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Execution‎ | Web Testing‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Details

Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.

Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific

Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week

  • Takeaways:
  • Action Items:
    • Take a look at AlinT’s pull
      • Done; merged (thanks, Zac)
    • Everybody keep testing apps and the Mozilla Marketplace
    • Stephen to work on BrowserID testday with Zac/dev team
      • I talked to Austin about this; new person to follow-up with is Dave Callahan, for BigTent
    • Raymond to post to QMO about MDN testday
    • Stephen to look at the memory allocation for the nodes
      • Don't think it's a memory issue; still working on troubleshooting what it might be...
    • Stephen to ping about Legal status of "that commercial monitoring tool"
      • Spoke with Jake from IT; they're trialing it, but it's under Legal review
    • Matt to schedule a meeting about our Contributor onboarding process
    • Matt is looking for direct feedback/question for the professor at Durango
    • Rebecca to start a guide on how to use Pivotal Tracker, both for team and new contributors
    • Everyone please help iterate on
    • Stephen to fix the meeting invite (from Fail -> All Your Base)

Discussion Items / Updates

  • How are we doing with investigating performance testing/tools/metrics we need to measure? [stephend]
  • Dave -- ETA for the ESX, Selenium VM on-demand work? [stephend]
  • Grid stability -- everyone make it your problem [stephend]
  • Mobile infra update -- Raymond? [stephend]
  • If you have interest in taking a B2G core app to test, please let Tony Chung know
  • Quick Facebook Selenium Meetup passdown/takeways from last night
  • Web QA postcards -
  • How was the Web QA test day?
  • pytest-mozwebqa 1.0 will be released any day now

Engagement Project Status

If you've worked on an engagement project in the last week, enter your name, the project name, and time spent in hours (estimated).

  • mbrandt - Social Sharing Widget bug 745958 - 4 hours

Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)

  • Affiliates
    • Production briefly went down on Monday - automation flagged the failure and notified us
    • Release today - mbrandt covering for rshetty while he is on
  • AMO
  • Marketplace
  • Mozillians
    • 2012-06-20 release being targeted for tomorrow, 2012-06-21.
    • delays due to a mixture of dev ability and unstable dev/staging envs
  • MDN
  • Socorro
    • Milestone 13 - successful release yesterday
    • This week's release has been delayed due to unstable dev/staging envs
  • MozTrap
  • Wiki


Community Update

  • mbrandt
    • Dinner with theFort Lewis College students last night - I got a lot of good feedback from the students (both good & bad experiences). Blog post to come shortly
    • Attending a local meetup in Durango, CO - Durango Tech - going to give a presentation on how to build b2g and how to get involved on the project. I'm also going to show our automation suites an talk about the different web projects that we work on.

Time off / Out-of-office

  • rbillings working remotely until 6/19, OOO until 7/4
  • stephend taking Friday, 6/22 off (PTO)
  • mbrandt - tree hugging surgeons - off 6/26 - 6/27 (PTO)

Takeaways and Action Items

  • Takeways:
    • Stephen: Test day for browser id, yahoo, gmail etc.
    • 28th June would be a test day on Marketplace managed by Matt and Bebe
    • Stephen to look at the memory allocation for the nodes: Its not a memory issue,
    • Matt: we got mostly good feed back from the students, expect a blog post for the meets and student reviews
    • Dave: Henrik would be here with the webQa staff for the selenium/VM issue
    • Stephen's update on the Mobile testing front: Android or IOS drivers are not maintained
    • Next tuesday when Matt is recovering any help would be appritiated.
    • Remeber and get in touch with ex-contributors, set up a mailing list.
  • Action Items:
    • Krupa: To get the etherpad started for the app testing on IOS and Android feed back.
    • Stephen: File a issue for Selenium on hanging/blank firefox windows on grid.
    • Stephen: to talk to Jason or Jeremy Orem for IT issue
    • Matt: Matt to schedule a meeting about our Contributor onboarding process
    • For all: Take a look at Pivotal tracker.
    • Stephen: Find out who has the MV-A room we use for the Thursday meetings.
    • Dave: Reminder to ask on process for the Selenium/VM issue he and henrik are working on.
    • Stephen/or anyone: Writeup for the three testdays or one consolidated writeup for all three of them.
    • Stephen: Talk to Raymond about Buildmaster.
  • Next owner: Zac
  • Next week's meeting notes: Stephen