QA/Execution/Web Testing/Meetings/2013-04-18

From MozillaWiki
< QA‎ | Execution‎ | Web Testing‎ | Meetings
Jump to: navigation, search

previous mtg | Web QA Home | next mtg

Meeting Details

Please see our public calendar for all upcoming events and meetings.

Our regular team meeting occurs every Thursday @ 9am Pacific

Action Items / Takeaways from Last Week

  • Takeaways:
    • Work with IT to understand the wiki suite, also delegate someone to take wiki coverage - stephend
      • lean on volunteers if we can
      • have a contributor helping, this is done
    • Let team know when new partner RIL will gets approved - stephend
      • working with IT and Tony, but the concern is that this is not ready
  • Action Items:
    • Email the team to suggest they subscribe to and help answer Web QA-related inquiries - stephend
      • done
      • People coming into the channel from this list- often not staying, so please chat with them when possible ~ stephend
    • Create an email template which can be used as the basis for customized responses to Web QA-related inquiries - stephend
      • May take Vusilye's email reply to a contributor as a basis, will also use high level responses. Stephend will send template when finished.
    • Look into pypi package that will add marketplace-dev into our unagi build - bebe
    • [DONE] Come up with some ideas for addressing xfails and email the team - bsilverberg
    • [DONE] Send email to mailing list with link to git branch cleanup script - davehunt

Discussion Items / Updates

  • Update on ZAP progress [dave]
    • Prototype is almost complete, waiting for clarification of issues.
    • May have found cause of BrowserMob issues too
    • Simon: will look at those things and also there is a new version of ZAP that went out this morning- 2.0. Includes enhancements and bug fixes. Doesn't impact Dave's issues. Also using ZEST, a scripting language that allows you to script tests in a way that is sec. tool independent. Built into ZAP. Will add persona support to ZAP & ZEST.
  • Sent goals to Bob for review/approval - stephend
  • Thoughts/consideration on bug 863137 [dave]
  • Just a Public Service Announcement to be more clear in commits, pull requests, and bugs (Gaia/Gecko commits, particularly)
  • Jenkins execute shell issue, and how we lost our logcats! [dave]
    • Dave fixed the issue to put the logcat in the file after a failure, has to be part of the build, part of the shell script steps. If it's the last item it may not work.

Goals Check-in

Blog Ideas

If you have any ideas for blog posts, share them here.

Lightning talk / Show 'n Tell

Project Status / goals for next week (keep it brief)

  • Affiliates
  • Engagement: Firefox Flicks continues to release at a steady pace
  • Firefox OS
  • Firefox Health Report
  • Marketplace / AMO
  • Mozillians
  • MDN
  • Socorro
  • MozTrap
  • Wiki

CI Updates

If you've worked on Jenkins or Selenium Grid in the last week, add the necessary info in the Wiki

  • moz-grid-config changes from latest-version for Firefox 20 + Selenium 2.32.0 merged into master

Community Update

Time off / Out-of-office

  • Zac: Madrid - 11th-20th April PTO/B2G Work Week
  • Bob: PTO - 22nd-26th April
  • rbillings: WfSeattle Tues-Fri April 23-26

Takeaways and Action Items

  • Takeways:
  • Action Items:
    • Stephend will send template when finished.
    • Everyone: Look at and comment on bsilverberg's ideas on addressing xfails
    • Simon: Will add persona support to ZAP & ZEST.
    • Simon: Will look at Dave's issues with ZAP
    • Stephend: will give lightning talk next week on New Relic after getting approval from legal
  • Next owner / scribe: Bebe/Mbrandt
  • Next week's meeting notes: