- 1 QA Community Team Meeting
- 2 Upcoming Testdays
- 3 Discussion Items
- 4 Project Status
- 4.1 Community Building/Events (ideas and progress) [marcia/tomcat/ashughes]
- 4.2 QA Videos [marcia]
- 4.3 QMO [abillings]
- 4.4 Roundtable
- 4.5 Meeting Notes/Action Items
QA Community Team Meeting
- August 24, 2011
- Attendees: Matt, Marcia, Marlena, Al, Owen, Anthony, Juan
- Firefox 7 Testday August 26th
- Joe Drew will be a guest developer providing triaging demos via vidyo between 11am - noon
- Firefox 7.0b2 might conflict with this event -- try to find a way to merge the two
- GTAC Meetup in Mt. View office - need to come up with a theme/presentations
- Matt created an etherpad for ideas: http://mozqa.sync.in/qa-oct-meetup-ideas
- Moving community scrumpad to open etherpad
- Reminder to use http://etherpad.mozilla.org:9000/QA-Community-Brainstorm for any ideas you have.
- QA ambassadors
- Improving the Testday scheduling [marcia]
- Adding others to this meeting [matt]
Community Building/Events (ideas and progress) [marcia/tomcat/ashughes]
- Need testday drivers/topics for September 2nd and September 9th
- Guest developer vidyo -- can we record these and publish them on QMO?
QA Videos [marcia]
- marcia and matt reviewed the first iteration of the video that Juan shot that is slated to be on the nightly page. I think there are a few polish items needed:
- Users need to know where to go for IRC channel
- We ask for feedback in the video, but don't ask users where to go except for Bugzilla. Suggestions:
- Show Feedback extension in action as a screencast or screenshot
- Show them how to enable telemetry
- QMO is now on Github
- We also have new staging and dev servers behind auth. We sync to Dev from Github ever 10 minutes.
- Al has created a maintenance document.
- QMO Videos are being served from the QA Vimeo account. We have a pro account as of this week, which removes most bandwidth constraints on uploading.
- Anthony is the go-to while Al is on PTO
Meeting Notes/Action Items
Action items/Notes from (20110824) meeting
- Consensus around the theme
- Perhaps Involve Bob's group
- Advertise in GTAC forums, Linked in, Lightning talks
- What is the goal of having the meetup?
- I think we want to keep the notion of talks to lightning talks - social interaction should be emphasized
- Adding others to this meeting:
- Increase the visibility of our involvement into community - advertising blitz to this meeting. Call into this meeting.
- Focal point of our community involvement. Call to our community - Adding others to this meeting -> Broader community -> Focal point - wider participation in this meeting.
- Key is to Advertise as much as we possibly can - Better communication - Every Two weeks
- QA Ambassadors
- Building a more global community - have people involved in more places around the world
- We should think of anything we could ask of them - owen
- What do we want them to do?
- Draft Document is on Google documents -> Will send out in notes
- Test Days
- Testday Drivers/Topics for September
- Matt recommends not doing something on 9/2
- Can we use vidyo - record a webcast of the screen sharing video itself - planning to do for this test day on Friday. AI - Advertise it - Trial run with Joe Drew this Friday
- Recorded session versus webcast - what we can do with it.
- Combination would be good - screencast
- Action Items:
- QA team: Add ideas to http://mozqa.sync.in/qa-oct-meetup-ideas for GTAC
- Marcia to Create etherpad for Mozilla Ambassador feedback
- Created: See http://etherpad.mozilla.com:9000/QA-Community-SIG
- Anthony to send messaging about no Test Day on 9/2/11
- Marlena to ask WebQA about potential Test Day topics for 9/9/11
Action Items/Notes from (20110713) meeting
- GTAC - Matt will register team. Something around test automation - demo hot tools in automation. October 26-27, 2011 in Mt. View
- Firefox Testday Cadence
- Best time for Beta test day is one week after the merge
- Best time for Aurora test day is 4 weeks after the merge
- ashughes to create public page to suggest topics
- http://quality.mozilla.org/teams/qmo-community/ - do we really need it? owen is confused and other people may be confused.
- File a bug to remove the QA Community Team Page
- How we do our org chart internally-and how we present to community does not have to be a 1:1 correlation.
Action items from (20110615) meeting
- marcia and owen to meet to talk about badging rewards
Action items from (20110601) meeting
- Owen to create a wiki page to suggest some flow improvements
- Need more moderators for this week's test day
- Need to get Test Day posts up on QMO early if we have one scheduled.
- Please review QMO badge sketches that Al sent out on 5/26/11
- Marcia following up with Mary re: events
- Videos - Think about refreshing the QA video on the front page
Action Items from (20110518) meeting
- [DONE] ashughes to add TestDay checklist info to https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/QA_Community/Meetings/2011-05-18 and also make the schedule a static link
'Marcia to add a Brainstorming scrumpad to Community page where suggestions can be made such as improvements to QMO, video ideas, etc.'
- Marcia to follow up with Rainer to get the video of the QA team at Whistler
- Marcia to Dig deeper with Mary about events after Friday meeting
- Tracy owes Tony a video for sync - Introduction to Sync - Tips and Tricks on how to test
- Al to get TwoPress URL - maybe look at it once it is up on QMO staging site
- Expansion of testdays into the European and Asian
timezones. Softvision can help us here. Henrik sees this as very impt. to the expansion of our community