From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
January 16, 2013

Every Weds @ 1:30p Pacific Time - Mozilla HQ, Warp Core 
# Vidyo:
     Phone:  +1 650 903 0800 or 650-215-1282 x92 Conf# 9245 (US/INTL)
#         +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 9245 (US Toll Free)
#         +1 416 848 3114 x92 Conf# 9245 (Canada)
# IRC:    irc://

QA Org Items

   New Hires & Interviews 
   Luqman Aden
   Upcoming Events/Conferences 
   jammink at mobile web devcon 1/31  
   Dave/Henrik: Feb 1 - Feb 3 at FOSDEM in Brussels ( )
   MWC - end of Feb (no QA representation at this time)

Travel / PTO

   ashughes: Jan 20-28 (see Juan for Desktop Firefox issues)
   rbillings: Feb 6-11
   jammink in surgery - and week of recovery possibly after 1/22
   mwobensmith: Jan 27- Feb 1 - Toronto FF work week (pending decision)
   kbrosnan: Jan 28

QA Team Updates Desktop (Juan)

   19.0b2 on schedule for this week
   18.0.1 on schedule for Friday
   ESR (ashughes) 
   Stability (marcia)
   Automation (ashughes)
   Sync Client (Tracy) 
   Bug triage in front of Sync 2.0 work has been happening. I've been following up where needed.

Mobile (Tony)

   Fennec (Kevin/Aaron) 
   Heads down on MWC benchmarking
   19.0b2 on schedule for this week
   Making good progress on robocop tests

   Stability (nhirata) 
   see Crashkill notes :
   made some progress on flash crashers
   B2G (Geo/jhammink) 
   Big Thanks to everyone that contributed to the testing efforts this weekend!
   Completed testrun 2 - reverified bugs against 1/15 build and 12/5 kernel
   Need to revisit invalids and get some testcases rewritten before testrun 3
   Stability (nhirata)
   see Crashkill notes:
   UXBranch (nhirata): 
   some changes coming in to the building blocks, please check around your areas.
   Post Mortem?
   Apps (Jason) 
   App Install & Perms undergoing final testing, but doesn't look too bad after the work week
   App Updates is still "briddle" implementation wise - lots of basic flows not working
   Biggest focus - get app updates working
   Community Members Onboarding

Services (jrgm)

   Sync Server (jrgm) -
   There was a small server change that went out last Wednesday evening during an announced maintenance window. (tracy)
   BrowserID (jrgm) -
   work on b2g native
   next train with "bigtent" is train-2013.01.18
   Hiring and Training 
   interview tomorrow; phone screens continuing

Web (Stephen)

   Co-hosted a Selenium workshop with Sauce Labs on Sunday:
   Part 1:
   Part 2:
   Web QA's work week is in full swing:
   Zac presented last night at the Selenium Meetup:
   Has moved to Chief for deploys -
   B2G/Gaia testing: - marionette.tap() is triggering both click & tap events for the same element in dialer app has landed, and we're working through pulls which fix tests:
   Engagement Projects 
   Firefox Flicks R1 is in QA
   Firefox Marketplace 
   Payments testing is in progress.
   This week's release: 
   pushed updates to
   working on MWC pages for
   A new team is transitioning onto the project
   Longterm project planning is in process
   scheduled push for 01/17
   Milestone 34 slated for release tomorrow -;target_milestone=34;product=Socorro;list_id=5409026
   2013-01-17, 5pm - 7pm PT: The frontend UI will be offline tomorrow for server maintenace
   Community Members Onboarding
   Spoke to one of our contributors, casschin, last night at the Selenium Meetup, about how he uses Web QA's tests and framework:

Community (Marcia)

   One and Done Project -
   Brownbag scheduled for January 22 in Ten Forward
   QA Homework assignment: Each team to come up with a set of 5 must haves before next week's Brownbag:
   We will discuss further at the January 23rd QA staff meeting
   Gear Store Update - Important Feedback needed
   Please see email to QA staff
   Spreadsheet must be updated by January 18th
   The Gear Store will not have a web interface but will be managed via a Bugzilla form
   QA specific contributor gear
   Is there interest in designing a specific item to deploy to QA core community members?
   Upcoming Events 
   January 22: One and Done Project Brownbag -
   Testdays (ashughes)
   Fri, Jan 18: PDF.js Testday
   Video Work
   No update this week (Raymond)
   pushed updates to QMO last week
   talked to Craigcook about implementing some of Satdav's suggestions
   Community Members Onboarding

Automation Development (Henrik, Dave)

   General currently hosted at rackspace will be moved into SCL3 datacenter into our CI subnet
   Switch to new Mozmill CI will happen later today or early tomorrow for all of our Windows and Linux boxes; still waiting for IT to deliver us the requested Mac Minis to SCL3
   B2G (WebAPI, Gaia UI, others)
   New blockers for ui tests detected in Marionette (failure in launching/killing apps) (click events sent are discarded in Gaia)
   Setup two additional Unagi devices in MV
   Henrik, Jgriffin, and others were working on the high B2G memory consumption issue which has been discovered by stability tests; it was caused by Marionette and is fixed now (bug 825802)
   MozTrap (Cameron)
   Working toward releasing MozTrap 1.4 later this week or Monday as I wrap up the current dev push on MozTrap.
   I (Cameron) will transition primary focus to other A-Team projects for the rest of the quarter, working on MozTrap on an as-needed basis.
   Community Members Onboarding 
   jfrench interested in Mozmill tests and the framework

Basecamp Roundtable/Discussion Items

   [jsmith] Taming those tef+ bugs, closing the doors on the release, and how you can help
   [marcia] Update on blocking flags we should be using (also has flags)
   [tchung] next steps on post v1.0 delivery

Other Roundtable/Discussion Items

   [marcia] Q1 Goal Check in -
   [marcia] QA Team Building - will push this topic to next meeting
   [henrik] We are considering to pull in the Softvision desktop automation team for Gaia UI tests - how can we make that happen?
   [henrik] While we are creating new tests on MozTrap can we please make sure test data gets hosted on
   [marcia] Hiring update
   [jsmith] Mobile World Congress Demo Script Testing - How QA plays a factor in here
   [jsmith] WebRTC - QA involvement
   [satdav] possible stream the meetings on I know its easy to do all you need to do is just file a bug for brown bag
   Team decided that we would not be doing this - we will make announcements about the meeting and continue to record the meetings

Notes, Takeaways and Action Items

   Action Items
   tchung to sent out rollup of next steps for B2G
   [marcia] Please use for test cases since content gets out of date quickly (Documentation: ) - Please wait until bug 831503 has been fixed
   Last Meeting 
   Action Items 

Template for this document is here: