From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »

QA Staff Meeting Notes Apr 27, 2011

New Hires

Upcoming Test Events

  • No testday Friday?

Project Status

  • Overview (2 min brief update)

Desktop Firefox (Juan)

  • Fx.Next
    • Aurora(5) -> Beta, May 17th
      • Channel switcher should be all tested a week+ before then.
    • Workspaces in development on Nightly(6); Waverley taking on that feature.

Maintenance and Security (Al)

  • 3.6.17, 3.5.19, and 4.0.1 shipping tomorrow, 4/28.
    • Advertised major update from 3.6.17 to 4.0.1 on Tuesday. First advertised major update.
  • 3.5.19 end of life'd after this release. In either late May or June (still debating), we will minor update 3.5.19 users to 3.6.17.
  • Still discussing whether there will be a 4.0.2 at all or if everything will wait for Firefox 5.

Browser Technologies (Tony)

  • Automation (martijn)
    • Crowd source unit testing tool for Fennec
      • Reftests, mochitests, browser-chrome tests
      • Looking into grafxbot and test harness addons
  • Identity (tracy)
    • We reviewed the project with Dan Mills. It looks more complex than QA initially anticipated. They are charging forward with plans to have this work a variety of ways across browsers. Test plan forth coming.
  • Jetpack (ayan)
    • Flightdeck 0.9.3 release tomorrow.
    • Jetpack SDK 1.0a5 code freeze today.
    • Waiting for Selenium mouse event APIs to land.
  • Firefox Home (nhirata)
    • Waiting for more planning to get done before revamp of the test plan
    • Looking into Selenium 2 for possible automation.

WebQA (Stephen)


FF Engagement Projects

  • Working on Markup, ships May 10th, 2011

  • Working on 2.3 which ships Tuesday May 3rd, 2011


  • Working on 0.9.4 which ships Thursday April 28th, 2011

Web of Wonder

  • Shipped Web of Wonder 2.2 April 27th , 2011


  • EOL May 31, 2011


  • Shipped 1.7.7 on April 21st, 2011
  • Working on 1.7.8, slated for May 19th, 2011



  • Input 3.4 slated for May 27th, 2011
  • substantial refactoring of tests in the pipeline

WebQA Automation



Community (Marcia)

  • Video Work
    • Marcia just back so she needs to follow up with Rainer re: video progress
  • Accessibility (Marco):
  • (Al):
  • Actively working with Ryan Snyder and WebDev to get work scheduled. Will know more next week.
  • Meeting with Eric Meyer to go over badges tomorrow.

Test Automation (Henrik)


  • Goals for Q2 / 2011 have been defined
  • Currently updating the team wiki pages to reflect our Q2 initiatives


  • Mozmill 1.5.3 has only be reviewed preliminary - another hotfix releases scheduled within the next ~2 weeks.

Project updates

Shared Module Refactoring
  • Preliminary work done on window handling
  • Removed 3rd party inheritance library, replaced with JS native inheritance
  • Driving towards Milestone 2
Mozmill Tests for the Discovery Pane of the Addons Manager (ashughes)
  • Closer work with Krupa to get the most important tests scripted in Litmus
  • Waiting for Anthony to return from vacation
Endurance Tests
  • Work on performance improvements for the dashboard views
On Demand Updates
  • Will be walking through a re-creation of 3.6.17 beta release testing w/ stakeholders (abillings, ashughes)
  • Hot issue: will have separate automation clusters, need to add cluster addressing to kickoff scripts


Discussion Items

  • Romania trip next week - matt
  • Scrumpads discussion - matt
  • What's up with QA Services? - matt
  • pass down from directors meeting ( (notes-mevans-11-02-17)
    • Seems to require a password?
  • Contributor response emails
    • Talking with David Boswell (Wed May 11) to discuss how the contribute form has been used by other groups, what works what doesn't.
    • contribute-qa@m.c list ready, will be channeling contribute emails to that. Those of you answering mails should request to be added.

Takeaways and Action Items

Item Owner Due Done?
mozilla-aurora test plan
week ending april 29
target version in feature pages and transclusion (for added visibility)
week ending april 29
Add meetup procedures to wiki page
week ending april 29
automated reply
week ending april 29