< QA | StaffMeetings
« previous mtg | QA Staff Home | next mtg »
QA Staff Meeting Notes Dec 08, 2010
- Overview (2 min brief update)
Desktop Firefox (Juan)
- Code freeze: gated on successful Sync revision landing. Those of you with Sync accounts please back up your profiles.
- Shipping after work week.
- 4b8 Test Plan: Good progress in testing the nightlies. We will have to re-do Sync across platforms including desktop, extension, mobile and stable branch.
Maintenance and Security (Al)
- Firefox 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 on track to ship to world on Thursday, 12/9.
Browser Technologies (Tony)
- Fennec (Aakash)
- b3 blockers are stagnant due to sync issues
- Waiting on code freeze to start a release test cycle
- Sync (tracy)
- A bug in 1.5 server slipped through to production that sometimes corrupted the modified timestamp of various collections in memcache. It has since been fixed on production.
- 1.6 test plan
- waiting on devs to get NSS changes and JPAKE landed to proceed with the bulk of testing.
- Test Pilot (tracy)
- Surprise! A new version of Search Interfaces study introduced and QA'd yesterday.
- TP team created Upcoming so everyone can be aware of what is in the works.
- Firefox Home (tony)
- 1.1 is up to beta 6. Major changes include j-pake login, simple crypto, passphrase support, new bookmark api work, and localization. Testplan here
- This must ship to app store before Fx4b8 and Fennec4b3 hit the air.
- Jetpack (ayan)
- Jetpack SDK 1.0b1 RC1 spin out last week but found some blockers.Results here
- Had to respin Jetpack SDK 1.0b1 RC2 yesterday.
- Final release on tomorrow.
- 5.12.4 was pushed live yesterday. It was a small release (4 fixes only)
- Actively working on testing AMO 5.12.5
- KB release last week
- Army of Awesome + SUMO release this Thursday
- Next week SUMO 2.4 registration release
- Input 2.1
- Pushed release back to next Tuesday (at the earliest) due to regressions
- Back on trunk, testing 1.7.6 (infra changes)
- Red Panda / Firefox Live
- Testing another small round of fixes (working with Zemoga to determine which), hope to push today
QA Services (Marcia)
- No Mt. View meetups are currently planned. Submit your idea now!
- Crash Investigation
- Continuing to monitor top trunk crashes and get bugs on file. On Friday we caught a new regression that was quickly fixed so it would not affect Beta 8.
- Community Planning
- Planning a QA event brainstorming session during the All Hands for all that are interested.
- Planning to meet with William Quiviger and others during the All Hands to talk about possible events for 2011.
- Video Work
- Finishing up "Making Mozilla Better" video with Rainer today. Hopefully video and workbook will be complete by next week for team review.
- very! successful meetup with Gary Kovacs (our new CEO) and Crew in Munich with a lot discussion about Community/Mozilla/Future etc
- November and so last OpenSource Meetup in Munich done - and also done for 2010. Will continue in January
- Starting Workshops and TechTalks in Munich next year. First Workshop will be a Mozilla Testing workshop in February
- Crash Investigation and Hunting with Automation/TopSite ongoing
- bug 498015 is commencing, testing new try-server builds with good results. I think the transition to lazy frame construction and other similar new technologies was rough, but is now coming to a conclusion a11y-wise. This is the ONE big thing currently in the works over here.
Test Automation (Henrik)
- Last meeting notes
- Jeff is working hard to get dependencies (try server support, make command, manifests) fixed, so Mozmill can be re-enabled on tbpl
- Endurance Tests (Aaron)
- Aaron and Dave are working on exploring different ways and or abilities in using Mozmill and its testing capabilities for Firefox endurance testing.
- Panorama Tests
- No updates
- Triggered Update (Geo)
- Geo and Henrik are working cross-team with Christian Legnitto and Release Engineering to perform nightly build update testing triggered by Pulse notifications.
- We expect to perform a demo during All Hands.
- Crowd Extension (Henrik)
- Working on getting an automated setup of the test environment
- A demo of the extension on Windows will happen during All Hands.
- Shared Modules Refactoring (Geo)
- Designing prototype based on "Region Object Model," patterned after Selenium best practices. Haven't moved details to project page yet, but check tracking bug 605343 for more information.
- Mozmill Dashboard (Henrik)
- Reorganized project pages for project template
- Buildbot - Local Data (Anthony)
- No updates
- Endurance Tests (Aaron)
- L10n tests have been landed and have been exercised during our [Mozmill Testday!
- Landing of the refactored modal dialog module made us more stable and revealed some hidden failures
- 13 failures fixed in the last two weeks
- Results of the Mozmill test day
- Axel Hecht demonstrated the new l10n testrun during the Balkan Meetup last week.
- Really positive feedback from localizers which have ran our tests
- Ultimate goal will be to have automated testruns for those tests
- Workweek QA Meetings
- Scum Pads
- QA Bugzilla Dashboard
- Dogfooding Sync 1.6 over the next several days
- QMO 3.0 is out! Need content and employees to join teams.
- Where is Naoki again?
Takeaways and Action Items