Releases/Firefox 4b11/Test Plan
Firefox 4 Beta 11 Testplan
Coordinating QA: juanb in irc.mozilla.org, email@example.com. If not around, contact: mevans, firstname.lastname@example.org; tchung, email@example.com. Or ping someone in #qa
Description of Release
This is the latest beta version of Firefox 4. It has a large number of fixes in many areas of the browser, mostly hard blockers for the release.
Specific Plan Beta 11
We will run smoketests and BFTs using Mozmill, and we will complement those with manual checks. Bug verifications or testing around fixes have been ongoing with an emphasis on "hardblocker" bugs. We'll run FFTs on several focus areas as we approach code freeze and candidate builds. We will pay close attention to crash stats and other feedback mechanisms.
We will run through Litmus smoketests, BFTs, and updates checks. We'll focus on regression testing.
- Code Freeze: Feb 2
- Builds Start: Feb 2
- QA: Feb 2 - Feb 7 (estimate)
- Smoketests and BFTs using Mozmill: (1 person) - Feb 2
- Manual smoketests, BFT areas, and Other OS Spot Checks: Feb 2-3 (3 people)
- Testday: Not scheduled for this cycle.
- Top Sites Functionality and Page Load Testing: Before Feb 7 (1 people)
- Updates checks: Feb 4-7 (1 person)
- Manual spot checks as necessary
Builds for all beta 11 candidates can be found here:
Build 3 (Current)
- Smoketests and BFTs: Completed
- Feature Area Tests: Completed
- Updates Checks - ashughes: Completed - betatest
- l10n Spot Checks: Completed
- Accessibility - marcoz: on-going
- Top Sites Testing: in progress
- Top Add-ons - unowned: in progress
- Testday: Completed - Bug Verification Friday
- Bugs Filed: crashers, blocking bugs, others
- Whiteboard entry [4b11]
- Bugs Filed During Testday: We focused on bug verifications, more than 100 bugs verified during testday.
- Whiteboard entry on testday: [fx4-fixed-bugday]
Check Feature Area Testing page for details.