Releases/Firefox 4b12/Test Plan
Firefox 4 Beta 12 Testplan
Coordinating QA: juanb in irc.mozilla.org, firstname.lastname@example.org. If not around, contact: mevans, email@example.com; tchung, firstname.lastname@example.org. Or ping someone in #qa
Description of Release
This is the latest beta version of Firefox 4. It has a large number of fixes in many areas of the browser, mostly hard blockers for the release.
Specific Plan Beta 12
We will run smoketests and BFTs using Mozmill, and we will complement those with manual checks. Bug verifications or testing around fixes have been ongoing with an emphasis on "hardblocker" bugs. We'll run FFTs on several focus areas as we approach code freeze and candidate builds. We will pay close attention to crash stats and other feedback mechanisms.
We will run through Litmus smoketests, BFTs, and updates checks. We'll focus on regression testing.
- Code Freeze: Feb 22
- Builds Start: Feb 22
- QA: Feb 22 - Feb 28 (estimate)
- Smoketests and BFTs using Mozmill: (1 person) - Feb 23
- Manual smoketests, BFT areas, and Other OS Spot Checks: Feb 23-24 (3 people)
- Testday: Not scheduled for this cycle.
- Top Sites Functionality and Page Load Testing: Before Feb 28 (1 people)
- Updates checks: Feb 24-28 (1 person)
- Manual spot checks as necessary
Builds for all beta 12 candidates can be found here:
Build 1 (Current)
- Smoketests and BFTs: Completed
- Feature Area Tests: Completed
- Updates Checks - ashughes: in progress - betatest [signed off], releasetest, beta
- l10n Spot Checks: Completed - automation and spot check
- Accessibility - marcoz: signed off
- Top Sites Testing: on-going
- Top Add-ons - unowned: in progress
- Testday: Not scheduled for this week
- Bugs Filed: crashers, blocking bugs, others
- Whiteboard entry [4b12]
Check Feature Area Testing page for details.