SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 1 October, 2013, 12:00 UTC
- (8am Eastern, 1pm UK, 2pm Central Europe, 8pm Hong Kong)
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- Further Read: Basics
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- 1.3 Release Train
- 1.4 Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- 1.5 2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- 1.6 Feature List, Planning
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty and Logbot
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank:
- No Award
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items. NEW
Status of the SeaMonkey Buildbot Master and Tree
- We are perma-red and perma-orange on comm-central due to not having a recent enough version of Python (or if we do, the build scripts aren't finding them).
- On trunk Linux and OSX trunk builds are perma-red. Windows en-US builds are being successfully compiled but tests are not working due to a dependency on python 2.7.3.
- bug 908090 ImportError: No module named json, on SeaMonkey Linux/Windows (all) test runs, due to (still) using Python 2.5. We do have python 2.7 installed but our build system is picking up python 2.5 instead.
- pymake is failing with "invalid syntax" again because of an outdated Python.
- No Windows langpacks since 8th April on trunk. Needs investigating.
- http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-central-trunk-l10n/win32/xpi/ (as well as .../mac/xpi/) contain nothing more recent than 2.20a1. Not sure if a bug has been filed. Linux-i686 is OK… when the Linux builders are green of course. Linux-x86_64 langpacks were never built (enhancement bug 892418), so that's OK too. Callek told me on IRC he has a hunch about why but more pressing things to do first. This is low priority since langpacks are supposed to be the same regardless of on which platform they were built, but it might indicate (I haven't checked) missing "full builds" for W32 and Mac other than en-US. Tonymec (talk) 17:53, 23 July 2013 (PDT)
- Windows and Mac trunk langpacks directories have been removed on the FTP server, maybe for lack of recent XPIs (later than 2.20a1). Latest Linux langpacks are dated 29 August.
- In Bug 902876 Comment 12 Mcsmurf is waiting for feedback from the build team on how to proceed.
- Trunk, Aurora and Beta TBPLs are far more orange (or even red) than green; at the top of Aurora and Beta TBPLs there is a link to mozilla.org::ServerOps:DCOps bug 870207 which is RESOLVED WONTFIX since June. SeaMonkey::RelEng bug 884454 has been opened as a followup.
- Newer version of TBPL at .
- Buildmaster is up and running.
- Callek is hand-approving requests for CLOSED TREE landings until he gets things stable enough to reopen the tree.
- bug 740633 set up seamonkey HPs in scl3. Hardware installed and iLO configured. CentOS 6.3 installed.
- comm-* will be building out of mozilla-* eventually (bug 648979 etc.). Jcrammer is working on this.
- SeaMonkey 2.21 final has been released September 17, 2013.
- No ETA for SeaMonkey 2.22b1. Thunderbird 25.0b1 hasn't been released either.
- Release is delayed until Ewong gets in contact with Callek.
Extensions and Plugins Compatibility Tracking
- See Basics page. Please only list current changes here.
- Addon Compatibility Listings
- bug 888478 DOM Inspector could not be installed.
- The Windows version of SeaMonkey 2.21 is affected but not Linux. The install.rdf is missing in affected builds. The last SeaMonkey 2.23 nightly build (before uplift to 2.24) does not seem to be affected possibly because of the other build changes during that cycle (bug 914560).
- There are now Lightning versions for both SM 2.20 (Lightning 2.5b2) and SM 2.21 betas (Lightning 2.6b1) available on AMO.
- Might need to point out in release notes that users needs to install the Lightning beta versions for the SeaMonkey releases (as Lightning follows Thunderbird 17.0.x release schedule)
- Problem: Linking to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/lightning/versions/ will provide users with versions that do not put them on the addons beta update channel; also linking to a specific version would need updating with every release
- Linking to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/lightning/#beta-channel does not jump to the correct page position as addons.mozilla.org loads the user comments for the addon after pageload. So it first moves to the correct position (page anchor) and after that it loads the user comments
- Our build team needs to automate DOMI branch selection rather than having to tweak the client.py every 6 weeks. bug 763506
- Tb/Sm QuickFolders development version 3.12beta2 released 2013-09-18 includes among other things "numerous SeaMonkey bugfixes" which aren't yet in the "stable" version 3.12 — or in the beta1 for that matter. Since then a beta3 has already been issued, and on September 25 a "3.12.1 maintenance release with important bugfixes" whose release notes don't explicitly mention SeaMonkey (but the same "SeaMonkey bugfixes" are probably included).
2.x (Last, Current, Next)
- [From a previous meeting:] There is a problem with the metrics server, so no current data is available
- See Basics page for the usual reminders.
- Current issues:
- [MailNews] Multiple issues with HTML signatures have been reported. SeaMonkey 2.21 and Thunderbird 24.0 are experiencing fallout from making signatures opaque (bug 855135, bug 855684). Printing of signatures is broken (bug 920997). This was caused by Core bug 700003. Some Thunderbird users don't like their entire signature being grayed out (bug 917906)
- Current breakages:
- Mozilla-central bugs that affect us:
- Note: Please file bugs if you notice any landing on mozilla-central that might break us. Please don't depend on Ratty noticing such landings.
- A lot of these bugs are due to mozilla-central switching from synchronous APIs to Asynchronous APIs.
- bug 831208 (asyncContentPrefsUse) Refactor asyncContentPrefs consumers to use the async API. Tracked in:
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2. Mcsmurf is currently working on this.
- bug 566746 (asyncFormHistory) Form history should use asynchronous storage API. Tracked in:
- bug 912031 Use Asynchronous FormHistory.jsm in place of nsIFormHistory2 in Suite.
- bug 769764 move proxy resolution to separate thread and remove sync api. Tracked in:
- bug 793634 Force builds to be compatible with gtk 2.18/glib 2.22. Tracked in:
- bug 795144 default --disable-gnomeui icon theme support
- porting bug needed for the two configure.in changesets? Changes could be folded into bug 794772 above. *** IanN and Ewong are looking into this..
- bug 627699 Port GTK2 to GTK3. Tracked in:
- bug 882036 Port GTK2 to GTK3 - SeaMonkey Part.
- A Red Hat person seems to be working on the GTK3 integration.
- bug 846635 Use asynchronous getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI. bug 834543 Add asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI. Tracked in:
- bug 896947 Use asynchronous version of setCharsetForURI and getCharsetForURI in getShortcutOrURI and other places.
Feature List, Planning
Private Browsing is now working and uplifted to SeaMonkey 2.19. Currently we are treating this feature as Experimental because although most things are working some edge cases have probably been missed. Hopefully any remaining bugs will be found before we formally announce.
- Testing would be appreciated! Please file bugs as blocking the meta bug 460895.
- TODO The about:privatebrowsing page needs UI polish (bug 842439).
Bug statistics for the last two (full) weeks: 52 new, 18 fixed, 20 triaged.
- Medium triaging effort.
- See Feature List page for major wanted/needed features.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
Fixed bug 916678 Add SeaMonkey 2.21 to bouncer.
- Some testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Pending check in:
- Checked in pending review:
- Waiting for feedback/review:
- bug 837408 Add en-GB locale to gaia
- Fixing review comments before checkin:
- Working on:
- Various SM Council documents.
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 773979 [META] Switch to new drag and drop api in SeaMonkey
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- File/Folder selection in windows.
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- Create FAQ for Friends of the Fish Tank.
- Help get composer standalone builds working with --enable-tests.
- Fixed bug 845895 Fix markPageAsXXX usage in SeaMonkey
- Filed bug 917725 Consolidate utils.js and PlacesUIUtils.jsm
- Filed bug 919126 Deploy Python 2.7.3 on SeaMonkey build/test machines
- Working on bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2
- Fixed bug 856208 Stop using global-history;2 in SeaMonkey code
- Reviewed bug 914611 Inconsistent references to plugin placeholder elements
- Some bug triage
Fixed on comm-central and comm-aurora:
- bug 916631 Session restore doesn't always restore all tabs.
Fixed on comm-central, might need comm-aurora uplift:
- bug 914611 Inconsistent references to plugin placeholder elements.
Fixed on mozilla-central:
- bug 913948 getCachedBySubdomainAndName's array length should be optional from JS.
- bug 920073 Use nsString.h less.
Waiting for review:
- bug 906920 Implement additional toolkit features in XPFE autocomplete widget.
- bug 909093 Update SeaMonkey to use nsIContentPrefService2.
- bug 920677 Click-to-play plugins fail to show placeholder after resizing.
- bug 920947 Need to remove plugin doorhanger when last CTP plugin is removed from document.
- bug 921751 Preprocessor.py's -o option writes incorrect line endings on Windows.
- bug 514173 Make string literal buffers shareable.
- bug 838888 Web Console sidebar.
- Instead you can view the web console remotely once you enable the built-in debugger. Now with full review!
- bug 906433 Port | bug 902721 [Session Restore] Remove _dirtyWindows and replace it with a weak set | to SeaMonkey.
- bug 906516 Port | bug 903388 [Session Restore] Collect cookie hosts *after* serializing session history | to SeaMonkey.
Waiting for review:
- bug 919668 Port | bug 637020 Invalidate windows after they have been restored to ensure their data is collected the first time we save | to SeaMonkey.
- bug 869900 Port | bug 867118 Remove browser.__SS_data and use a WeakMap instead | and dependent bugs to SeaMonkey.
Fixed since the last meeting:
- [Lightning] bug 918819 Fix bustage from bug 917295 (GC: Handlify public date APIs).
- bug 919975 Fix bustage caused by bug 919296 (Minimize the #includes in netwerk/ IDL files).
- [MailNews Core] bug 919994 Fix bustage caused by bug 919341 (Minimize the #includes in xpcom/ IDL files).
Waiting for check-in:
- bug 154772 Tooltip for address bar should show complete current URL.
- bug 58986 The Find dialog should show autocomplete with recent searches.
- On hold waiting for resolution on bug 911090.
- bug 916865 Revert the part of bug 906083 which changed the spellchecker.dictionaries.download.url.
- bug 920070 Add a few IDs to the File menuitems to make it easier for extensions to overlay.
- bug 920951 Update SeaMonkey Safebrowsing preferences to sync with Mozilla-Central bug 842828.
- Did some reviews.
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- Usual end user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Fixed on trunk, waiting for branch approval:
- bug 918425 Print dialog box appears under other open windows for Mail & News.
Waiting for reviews:
- bug 902131 Add note for "legacy content" to Mail & News Character Encoding preferences and update Help.
- bug 916823 Change Folder Properties labels for incoming mail character encoding from "default" to "fallback" after bug 846221 introduced it for browser prefs. (TB ui-r pending)
- bug 919347 Incorrect label for SSL Warnings preferences in Security Sockets Layer pane.
- bug 904189 Document changes in SSL warnings and new options for mixed content blocker in Security Socket Layer preference pane.
- bug 868495 Browser main preference pane cut off on Windows 7 with hardware acceleration enabled. (additional patch)
- bug 918853 Existing Thunderbird profile is no longer offered for import in a first-run situation.
- bug 921507 Find in page/Quickfind bar animation shows up at the bottom while the bar itself is positioned at the top. (closed WFM due to backout)
- Bug triage, testing, and commenting for SeaMonkey and MailNews Core.
- End-user information and discussion on MozillaZine.
Any other business?
- Who is going where for the Mozilla Summit 2013?
- Brussels: Callek, IanN, mcsmurf, Mnyromyr, Neil.
- Tonymec lives in Brussels but won't be at the Summit due to Paris/Brussels mixup. Welcome to any Sea Monkeys at his home or in a pub in town!
- Santa Clara: KaiRo, Ratty.
- SeaMonkey people who are in Brussels for the Summit will do a meet-up. This will be coordinated via the mailing list.
- Brussels: Callek, IanN, mcsmurf, Mnyromyr, Neil.