- Time: Tuesday at 9:15 AM PST / 12:15 PM EST / 5:15 PM UTC.
- Place: Mozilla HQ, North Bridge
- Phone (US/Intl): 650 903 0800 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (Toronto): 416 848 3114 x92 Conf: 8616#
- Phone (US): 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf: 8616#
Who's away?: .
Renamed stage-*.s.m.c to test-*.s.m.c, made internal-only. Underlying work completed. Fixing servers to respond correctly and pass smoke test.
Renaming load to stage will start after test is finished, and should be completed by end of week.
AP and LDAP mod (syncNode)
- Ops (petef) will kick off the syncNode population job in production today after the ldap failover change window, should be done by the weekend.
- We just node-reset all of the users in the test environment, so they will all have a proper syncNode set when they go to auth and request a new node.
(I reorganized this again due to shift in focus. Please add sections as appropriate.)
Core Server Platform
Currently in team discussion, and should lead to bug filing shortly.
Big Lebowski (rtilder)
Rebooting Big Lebowski spec per InfraSec's request. A far simpler design will do now. The Big Lebowski will be a TTL aware manager of IP black and white lists that will be implemented as banned and allowed IPs on Zeus instance(s). It will a RESTful WSGI app that has one or more long running background child processes that are responsible for managing reversion of banned IPs when the TTL on the ban expires. All determination of which IPs should be banned are the responsibility of InfraSec's monitoring appliance.
- We have two new hires, everybody meet Ally and Greg!
- Locked down sequence roadmap with product
- Identified next steps for Death To Unknown Error
- Ramping up Syncorro with support from Metrics
- User studies for the new mobile and desktop setup flow are in progress
- Investigated SMTP resources
- talked with Ops (who strongly encouraged NOT to implement the SMTP portions of Notifications)
- well, there's that.
- Considering switching publish stream to SSE.
Program Launch (mconnor)
Aiming for launch by the end of Q3, supporting new core platform.
Testing and Sign-offs (tracy)
- Much of the services QA work week was spent planning for an improved automation picture for both client and server side testing. As such more automation using TPS, Funkload Scripts and Mozmill is in the works.
- s-c QA sign-off pending. 5 bugs for this train.
- Bug 671378 - Sync interval doesn't adjust after error during initial Sync on additional device, has been requested for aurora. Edge case that will be tricky to verify; will give it my best shot.
- The first biweekly Sync triage session went well as we worked through a list of 35 UNCONFIRMED bugs -90d
FunkLoad Scripts (ocoutts)
- Note: renamed as "Funkload Scripts"
- Owen is off this week for Automation Tools Team work in England
- Funkload automation of Sync Server API is proceeding well
Sync Server (jbonacci)
- Work is in progress to set up two QA Sync Server environments for test development and off-cycle testing and experiments
- Looking forward to "new" Stage/QA environment. Will need a day to review/test drive the environment prior to next weekly Train.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=670946 - Account portal and server core
Reports and Monitoring (daniel)
- mconnor: Sequence mostly locked down.