Support/Weekly Meetings/Notes 2012-05-07
Mondays (meeting duration approx. 30 minutes) at:
- 9:00 AM PST
- 12:00 Noon EST
- 16:00 UTC during summer
- 18:00 CET
- 11:00 CST
Phone call details:
- California: 1-650-903-0800, x92 then 9309 then #,
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
Participate in the video:
- Video link (You'll have to download and install the Vidyo Desktop client)
irc.mozilla.org: #sumo <== Click the link to use web-based chat
Sumo Development Update
- 2012.8 ends tomorrow. It was a short one, since last week was the webdev work week. Focus was:
- Search unification of KB and forums posts, first phase.
- Indicator for forum contributors about their impact on the forum
- 2012.9 starts tomorrow. Focus will be:
- Search unification, second phase
- Back end changes to support the new iA
- Thank you Verdi, Michelle and the content team for migrating the new IA over to the SUMO production site!
- I had worked on the mobile site UX for a while (it started shortly after the desktop version), but the wireframes can now be seen. It will be revised before testing.
The schedule for the paper prototyping changed slightly, slipping by a week:
- Testing starts on May 23rd, end ends May 29th.
- The final wire frames for the visual designer will be ready on June 4th.
Paper Prototyping Planning
- The research plan has:
- A detailed to-do list of what Susan, Crystal and Bram will need to do before testing
- The planning discussion has:
- The things that we need to test (labeled “NTK” for “Need To Know”)
- The scenario required to test the things we need to know
- The recruitment plan has:
- The screening questionnaire that Susan will give to the recruiter to recruit test participants
Paper Prototyping Timeline
- Location: Collective Agency, Portland
- Dates and times:
- Wednesday, May 23
- Friday, May 25
- Tuesday, May 29
- 90 minutes per appointment
- 3 appointments a day: 11 am, 2:30 pm and 5/5:30 pm
- 8 total participants on the above three dates
- Why the gap? We need a minimum of day-long break inbetween, so we can tweak and refine the design after each session
- The visual designer will be needed after the testing day: very late May to early June
- Please add your comments, questions and updates here.
- Presentation about Kilimanjaro and what does it mean for SUMO - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Kilimanjaro/ProductDraft
- Can i ask what you thing about the following page https://www.facebook.com/mozillasupport - williamr is behind this and verdi has admin (Verdi - I've never seen that page) - satdav
- Can us contributors get a email list for sumo as the thunderbird guys has one i know topal used to have one but was not advertised a lot - satdav
- IRC meeting this thursday in #sumomeet - 6PM UK time - satdav
- SUMO thread Analysis and request for Feedback -Tyler
Firefox Status Update
- Firefox 12 unthrottled last week with new EOL notices going out for 3.6 users - transition away from 3.6 is going well according to mktg
- Major issues are being worked, Matt filed a new bug for overcaching last week that QA wasn't aware of
- We had a second smaller spike on the support forum and have about 100 questions unanswered over the weekend
- At the planning meeting we reported that overall, praise is down 4% and issue are up 7% compared to the first week of FF11 - please let us know if there are new issues we should report this week
- The new task-based pages are live on the desktop start page.
- There are lots of updates for Firefox 13 to do this week along with lots of previously updated articles that can probably be marked as ready for L10n.
- Next KB meeting is Thursday at 9am PDT.
- Planning to build the beta release candidate tomorrow, 5.08 and pending QA sign-off publish in Google Play on Friday! Woot!
- Still very crashy, overall, but burndown is going well and demos to Gary went well last week
- New graphics are really great, you should be able to everything you can do on your laptop on your phone
- We reported in the KB meeting a short list of remaining KB items, plan is to mark all new updates and articles as ready for L10N this week with beta
- Apps Marketplace Alpha Launch on track for this Tuesday. Mozillians to be invited to use it with Nightly.
- An Introduction to Thunderbird Support and to Roland Tanglao
- last week spoke with Kadir about TB KB integration requirements and Michael Verdi about Firefox Clinic and KB; this week hope to speak with Matthew G about metrics and Madalina and Rosana about Community Management (and to all other SUMO team members for about 20 minutes over the next few weeks)