Support/Weekly Meetings/Notes 2012-05-21
< Support | Weekly Meetings
Mondays (meeting duration approx. 30 minutes) at:
- 9:00 AM PST
- 12:00 Noon EST
- 16:00 UTC during summer
- 18:00 CET
- 11:00 CST
Phone call details:
- California: 1-650-903-0800, x92 then 9309 then #,
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
Participate in the video:
- Video link (You'll have to download and install the Vidyo Desktop client)
irc.mozilla.org: #sumo <== Click the link to use web-based chat
Sumo Development Update
- Finishing sprint 2012.9
- Starting sprint 2012.10 tomorrow
- Please add your comments, questions and updates here.
- Ibai in 3D
Happy Birthday Verdi
Was asked by my college if i can get a reference from Mozilla firefox about all of my volunteering work what i have had done over the years since 2009
- feedback from contributors regarding the Mozilla community support facebook page https://etherpad.mozilla.org/mozillasupport-fb
- The Facebook Plan
What is the chances to get integrated login vie social networking on the support site to make the login for users easier or make a way what people can post a question without logging in like the old site as long as they can provide a email
Firefox Status Update
- There's a plan to notify users with a dropdown that Flash is out of date (and possibly not secure). Unfortunately, there's also a problem where Firefox doesn't recognize Flash after the latest Flash update (users have to do a system restart).
- We started renaming and adding topics to articles on Friday. Michael and Matt will finish that up this week.
- Adding topics is prerequisite for the new landing pages (navigation with product, topic and task browse paths) so that work will happen after all of the articles have topics.
- Related https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode
- Notes and video from the last KB meeting (an amazingly brief 45 min).
- Beta launched last week, expectation is to go to release at end of June. So, L10n for Firefox Desktop 13 is priority.
- Overall, very positive feedback (Google Play now showing 4 stars for Firefox app)
- Some negative feedback from large-format tablet users who are still getting XUL product.
- Mobile start page numbers doubled with the launch, but we saw very few questions and most of them were actual bugs, so they are being filed as appropriate.
- Native Sync architecture doesn't allow to have two native Sync apps installed at the same time. Working on documentation, better error message and re-engineering how this is built: https://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Anaaktgeboren/NativeSync#Android_Sync_behavior_with_multiple_Firefox_versions_installed
- Priority for Native Sync is BrowserID integration.
- Thursday is a new SUMO day! Can we reach 100% again? Read the blog post: here and join us on Tursday!
(May 21, 2012 is a holiday in Canada, therefore Roland won't be at the meeting)
- Please retweet the Vancouver Thunderbird Community Event June 1, 2012 announcement. Love to see you if you are in Vancouver!