Note: Talkilla has now been superseded by the Loop project
Talkilla is a webphone that makes it easy to talk with friends or co-workers as you browse the web. Make voice and video calls, chat across one or more web sites, share files and web content as you navigate away to new websites or open new tabs. No need to install a new application or struggle back and forth with several windows.
For example, make your next holiday planning more fun
- Click to call a phone number on the web
- Interact more naturally with video chat
- Comment instantly on what you see, share images and other web content
- Share links and documents for easy reference while chatting
- Accept incoming calls right in the browser
We've got exciting plans for the near future of Talkilla. We've got the basic features up and running; we'll be deploying more as we develop them over the coming months.
Upcoming features on our agenda include:
- Starting conversations without even requiring an account
- Connecting to your preferred online address book
- Calling phone numbers
|Back-end Technical Leads||
|Browser Integration Lead||
- Development of new features takes place via user stories in an Agile development method (description to come)
- User stories for Talkilla are visible on Trello:
- Our velocity and amount of bugs fixed each week
- Code development takes place in a github repository. Please read:
- README.md for information on how to build and run Talkilla
- CONTRIBUTING.md for information on how to contribute to Talkilla
Due to the early stages of development, we are not accepting bugs at the current time. This will change in the near future.
Pull requests will be accepted, as per the contributing guidelines.
If you have any questions, please ask on the mailing list in the communication section.
- Talkilla/Agile Process - Documentation about the agile process we use
- Talkilla/Pull Requests - How we work wrt pull requests and repositories
- Talkilla/SPA Overview - An overview of the architectures for SPAs
- Talkilla/SPA API - SPA API documentation
We have regular meetings each week:
- Weekly Meetings aka Status meeting. This is a regular meeting for the engineering team to discuss issues, and pass around knowledge
- Estimation Meetings These are weekly meetings to estimate cards in the backlog