Thunderbird Meeting Details
- Who's taking minutes? --> dmose
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- gozer to file bug re getting alpha bits signed
- gozer to ping mrz about separate messaging crash-stats server
- dmose to do another round of updates on reviewers
- gozer to file bug re bouncer for alpha 3 bug 458904
- Shredder Alpha 3
- Standard8 is the release driver
- wsmwk is the QA lead of Beta 1
- QA in progress (Localizations, Smoke Tests, Basic Functional Testing), against build3 respin:
- Current release ETA: Monday
- gozer: signing of bits process is still being figured out; working with firefox build/release team
- kairo: for bouncer stuff, should file a bug ASAP to get necessarily lead time
- Standard8: release notes in progress (bug 457186); people should proofread, gozer will push update.
- Draft Thunderbird:Thunderbird3:DevRoadmap identifies major work items on the plate for Tb3 -- much of it needs scheduling, owning, breakdown.
- folks interested in helping with front-end stuff, some simple, should ask in #maildev
- dmose, bienvenu, asuth focusing on GloDa work
- bienvenu will be the primary driver for beta 1
- davida working out landing strategy for remaining features
- crash stats
- bugday last week 10-02 and this week 10-09 continue focus on trunk bugs. chart
- thunderbird-testers operating and now up to 53 members! (public mailing list to inform the testing community)
- folks encouraged to run with gloda, lightning-in-tabs patches now, so they can get shake-out before they land. ping asuth if you're interested.
- calendar work proposal from last meeting: pace work in short sprints
- everyone encouraged to focus on highest-value stuff for Tb3, given the amount of work remaining
- drove/blogged renaming of 3.0b1 to 3.0a3
- worked on adding recipient info to collapsed header view and sharing of buttons between both views
- lunch w/lisad & myk about webmail standard
- correspondence with XMPP community folks
- various driving stuff
- gloda review work
- Tested emre's leak patch and asuth's gloda / exptoolbar extensions.
- Would like to point out the ever-existing security exploits in JS. Just found one that affected JS. (specifically Shiretoko nightlies but indirectly TB with JS on, if it can be enabled)
- Continuing bug cleanup. UNCO continues to remain below NEW.
- kill-rdf testing and work
- Subscribe dialog under review bug 457333, will land separately
- Account type extensibility documentation
- Will have long weekend, more time for TB work!
- Reviews & Driving (trying to catch up this week)
- Release Notes updates bug 457186 and bug 430762
- bug 427980 Mail Bloat Test - Revised and updated patch, now in tree.
- bug 308552 Worked out why Growl integration wasn't registering correctly and fixed.
- bug 458692 Removed unused param from nsIMsgHeaderParser interfaces.
- bug 458716 Fix return/escape on the inline edit card dialog
- Started rapid-prototyping new nsLDAPConnection & friends to try and finally resolve the LDAP/SSL hang on shutdown, (the true cause of bug 382446)
- tab changes for calendar, thunderbar search views bug 402365 (also see exptoolbar and gloda)
- gloda shutdown cleanup; don't think it ever worked right since the last cleanup logic refactoring
- processing gloda review comments, more to go. hoping to have them the current batch cleared out by sometime wednesday. See auto-generated docs here if you like that kind of thing. They will of course be improving as I fill dmose's request for thorough doxygen. (We have the goal of landing gloda this week.)
- Reviews and Driving
- Fixed assertion trying to restore selection to non-existent message, bug 457757
- Checked in follow on fix for bug 444417, imap undo can cause hourglass, bail out on invalid imap urls early
- Checked in fix for assertion about db having key in the case of partial uid fetches, bug 455963
- Made a lot of progress on cross-folder saved search threading and grouping repo - will try to start review process today.
- Worked on
- Build Engineering
Thunderbird Beta 1 Build 1
- Thunderbird Alpha 3 Build 2
- Incorrectly tagged comm-central, excluding the jp patch we wanted ;-(
- Thunderbird Alpha 3 Build 3
- Still need completing the Build Notes & Post Mortem Notes
- Ghetto automation kept it fairly straight forward, mostly completed in < 4 hours and little human intervention.
- Entire process still too reliant on cut-n-paste
- Cloning turned out to be a great idea.
- Very few glitches (one broken locale needed fixing, retagging: 'ca')
- Got a few build system improvements ideas to file as bugs for next time, mostly around l10n repackaging
- Calendar on l10n.mozillamessasging.com
- SeaMonkey on l10n.mozillamessaging.com
- Very annoying it's impossible to link to a particular page
- Anybody know how to do this with MIT's Simile Stuff ?
- bugs still to be worked on
- thunderbird search
- some cleanups to (exptoolbar) bug 452281
- need to work on search results
- message reader
- worked on inline dialogs prototype for better keyboard and mouse access to actions
- thundertab bug 218999
- 0.something beta within the next couple of weeks
- old eudora still works; but is long in the tooth
- Continuing web site work. Updated timeline, going through content.
- SpreadThunderbird work. Team decided the need to upgrade to Drupal 6.x because of feature set and theme support.
- Drafting market segmentation w/ Mozilla Marketing team.
- PR prep Alpha 3 and David's Paris trip.
- bug 192330 - Ctrl+Shift+V for Paste Without Formatting
- imap trash folder bugs - bug 427311 and bug 450712
- bug 400931: Enable predefined IMAP settings for Gmail
- bug 458601: port the full zoom UI to thunderbird
- working on patch to hook up gtk stock icons for thunderbird menu items (no bug, yet)