Personal tools

Thunderbird/StatusMeetings/2008-12-02

From MozillaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search

last meeting | index | next week »

Thunderbird Meeting Details

Agenda

  • Who's taking minutes? --> rebron (in place of davida due to not being around last week).
  • Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.

Calls For Help

  • davida would appreciate assistance on the autoconfiguration branch. (The awesome create-a-new-account screen where you just enter your e-mail address and it figures out most/all of the details for you.)
    • Cert dialog improvements post b1 would be useful.
  • bienvenu: Go download and try out release candidate builds
  • wsmwk: When trying the candidate builds, checkout the address book and message reader pane

Action Items

New

  • Drivers to review blocker nomination list for beta 1
  • Thunderbird 3 Beta 2 planning and scheduling
  • Add simon and gozer to drivers list

Open

  • davida: needs to identify the major work items for thunderbird 3 and break them down by the beta/release they will be in.
  • Release Thunderbird 3 Beta 1

Closed

Thunderbird 3 Beta 1

Thunderbird 3

  • Draft Thunderbird:Thunderbird3:DevRoadmap identifies major work items on the plate for Tb3 -- much of it needs scheduling, owning, breakdown.
    • DevRoadmap is updated. What left to do on Calendar is not clear.
    • Overall progress is very good.
    • folks interested in helping with front-end stuff, some simple, should ask in #maildev

QA Updates

Roundtable

  • Status Updates
    • davida: standard8 added a new two week goals section in his status report, good idea for all of us to start doing
  • Group Feed
  • Thunderbird Add-on documentation
    • davida: Need for documentation for addons for new work like gloda, do we need a #addons? Other channels for communication?
    • dmose: There are dvantages to have addon conversation on #maildev, can make argument to have separate channel, already #extdev for addon development
    • davida: #maildev for now for Add-on discussion, but will revisit

Status Updates

davida
dmose
  • hacked on (and mostly finished) the patches relating to JavaScript execution in messages prefs
nth10sd
  • Sporadically online this week.
jcranmer
Standard8
  • Reviews and Beta 1 diagnostics/help
  • Password Manager
    • WIP for SMTP, registers smtp + smtps protocols (just got working, probably needs some tidy up), prompt & saving should work.
    • Main issues remaining:
      • Password migration from existing builds
      • Ensuring POP/IMAP/News protocols work
  • Leak & Bloat Tests:
    • bug 465968 MailNews leak & bloat runtest.py needs to work for other apps/build configurations
    • Looked at hooking up mozmill to Leak & Bloat tests
      • Had some problems with mozmill & easy_install (wasn't including extension in the installation), this is now fixed by mozmill
      • Currently trying to get embedded mozmill to start up Thunderbird with mozmill extension included.
  • Beta 1 bugs:
  • bug 463560 Crash when selecting recipient from contacts sidebar [@ nsTreeSelection::GetSingle] (this was a work around for the core bug).
    • Also testcase and fix for core bug 399227 Crash @ nsTreeSelection::GetSingle, null mTree
    • bug 467261 White strips down left and right side of main mail window
    • Diagnosed bug 467511 - locales incorrectly managing bloat strings, and therefore add & edit address book cards not working.
    • bug 466311 Accounts & folders missing - added catch for an exception to try and help the problem.
  • Misc
    • bug 199809 Memory leak in notification handler in nsMsgSendLater
    • bug 460941 DIR_Shutdown not always called on shutdown (fixes memory leak seen in some instances and ensures prefs tidied correctly).

Two week goals (start of week 1):

  • Move to toolkit password manager.
  • Move Leak and Bloat tests to be controlled by MozMill.
  • Write down extended roadmap overview for the address book (based on discussion during MoMo work week).
asuth
bienvenu
  • Reviews and 3.0 B1 driving
  • Worked on release notes for 3.0 B1
  • Fixed bug 467288 - Accounts and folders, and mail missing on startup
  • Fixed double fetch of 1:* flags on condstore servers in some situations, bug 466891
  • Fixed updating thread counts in cross-folder saved searches, bug 466241
  • Fixed drag and drop to set the last move/copy target uri correctly, bug 466259
emre
gozer
  • Build
    • Thunderbird 3 Beta 1 Build 1
clarkbw
  • Continued Work on
    • Conversation List
      • davida converted to XBL in the exptoolbar
      • working on new iteration of the list view
    • Conversation Reader
    • Moved address book experiment out of exptoolbar. It will find a new home soon.
  • Reviewed
  • Two Week Goals
    • Push new iteration of Conversation List into exptoolbar
    • Review Conversation Reader and continue to iterate on
wsmwk
beckley
Penelope
  • Synced to THUNDERBIRD_3_0b1_BUILD1 source code in preparation of the next beta of Eudora 8/Penelope
  • Lots of mods to the Customize Toolbar dialog and tabs fixes with latest TB changes
  • bug 464110 Toolbar Customization dialog only opens once per session
  • bug 435567 would like to open new tabs with middle-click
  • bug 466046 MsgOpenNewTabForMessage() broken when specifying a message
  • bug 401293 Do not request IMAP capability command if server announce it in greetings
KaiRo
rkent
rebron
  • PR prep for TB 3 Beta 1.
sipaq
mkmelin

Attendees

davida,asuth,dmose,bienvenu,standard8,emre,kairo,beckley,clarkbw,wsmwk