Thunderbird Meeting Details
- Who's taking minutes? --> rebron (in place of davida due to not being around last week).
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Calls For Help
- davida would appreciate assistance on the autoconfiguration branch. (The awesome create-a-new-account screen where you just enter your e-mail address and it figures out most/all of the details for you.)
- Cert dialog improvements post b1 would be useful.
- bienvenu: Go download and try out release candidate builds
- wsmwk: When trying the candidate builds, checkout the address book and message reader pane
- Drivers to review blocker nomination list for beta 1
- Thunderbird 3 Beta 2 planning and scheduling
- Add simon and gozer to drivers list
- davida: needs to identify the major work items for thunderbird 3 and break them down by the beta/release they will be in.
- Release Thunderbird 3 Beta 1
Thunderbird 3 Beta 1
- bienvenu is release driver
- gozer is build engineer
- String freeze from: 2008-11-13
- Code Freeze date: 2008-11-25
- RC 1 builds available here, in 30+ locales : http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/nightly/3.0b1-candidates/build1/
- Proposed Blocking
- Draft Thunderbird:Thunderbird3:DevRoadmap identifies major work items on the plate for Tb3 -- much of it needs scheduling, owning, breakdown.
- DevRoadmap is updated. What left to do on Calendar is not clear.
- Overall progress is very good.
- folks interested in helping with front-end stuff, some simple, should ask in #maildev
- Status Updates
- davida: standard8 added a new two week goals section in his status report, good idea for all of us to start doing
- Group Feed
- davida: team-thunderbird twitter account experimenting for status updates during the week
- Thunderbird Add-on documentation
- davida: Need for documentation for addons for new work like gloda, do we need a #addons? Other channels for communication?
- dmose: There are dvantages to have addon conversation on #maildev, can make argument to have separate channel, already #extdev for addon development
- davida: #maildev for now for Add-on discussion, but will revisit
- Sporadically online this week.
- Reviews and Beta 1 diagnostics/help
- Password Manager
- WIP for SMTP, registers smtp + smtps protocols (just got working, probably needs some tidy up), prompt & saving should work.
- Main issues remaining:
- Password migration from existing builds
- Ensuring POP/IMAP/News protocols work
- Leak & Bloat Tests:
- bug 465968 MailNews leak & bloat runtest.py needs to work for other apps/build configurations
- Looked at hooking up mozmill to Leak & Bloat tests
- Had some problems with mozmill & easy_install (wasn't including extension in the installation), this is now fixed by mozmill
- Currently trying to get embedded mozmill to start up Thunderbird with mozmill extension included.
- Beta 1 bugs:
- bug 463560 Crash when selecting recipient from contacts sidebar [@ nsTreeSelection::GetSingle] (this was a work around for the core bug).
- Also testcase and fix for core bug 399227 Crash @ nsTreeSelection::GetSingle, null mTree
- bug 467261 White strips down left and right side of main mail window
- Diagnosed bug 467511 - locales incorrectly managing bloat strings, and therefore add & edit address book cards not working.
- bug 466311 Accounts & folders missing - added catch for an exception to try and help the problem.
Two week goals (start of week 1):
- Move to toolkit password manager.
- Move Leak and Bloat tests to be controlled by MozMill.
- Write down extended roadmap overview for the address book (based on discussion during MoMo work week).
- Reviews and 3.0 B1 driving
- Worked on release notes for 3.0 B1
- Fixed bug 467288 - Accounts and folders, and mail missing on startup
- Fixed double fetch of 1:* flags on condstore servers in some situations, bug 466891
- Fixed updating thread counts in cross-folder saved searches, bug 466241
- Fixed drag and drop to set the last move/copy target uri correctly, bug 466259
- bug 464784: Landed
- bug 457342: Landed
- AutoSync Policy: Tested with davida to find out possible improvements in the policy. One bug filed bug 467041, scheduled for beta2.
- Resumed work on bug 257942.
- Thunderbird 3 Beta 1 Build 1
- Continued Work on
- bug 456379 — lightning calendar/task toolbars
- Two Week Goals
- Push new iteration of Conversation List into exptoolbar
- Review Conversation Reader and continue to iterate on
- Synced to THUNDERBIRD_3_0b1_BUILD1 source code in preparation of the next beta of Eudora 8/Penelope
- Lots of mods to the Customize Toolbar dialog and tabs fixes with latest TB changes
- bug 464110 Toolbar Customization dialog only opens once per session
- bug 435567 would like to open new tabs with middle-click
- bug 466046 MsgOpenNewTabForMessage() broken when specifying a message
- bug 401293 Do not request IMAP capability command if server announce it in greetings
- PR prep for TB 3 Beta 1.