Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> Standard8
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- rebron: add marketing section along side q/a section
Thunderbird 3 Beta 3
- dmose is release driver
- gozer is build engineer
- Schedule TBD (drivers working through User_talk:Dmose:Tb3_Driving_Scratchpad)
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 17 (-4)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- Trying to put together a schedule that will land features every week or two. dmose will be putting a plan together.
- Need better visibility on upcoming features in order to plan testing.
- Working on getting more people to come testing.
- Trying one query instead of 10.
- This weeks testday: 
- Last test day better than previous one.
- Crash-stats seems to be usable - very responsive due to added db indexes.
- Top Crashes ordered by assignee may need some triage
- Good launch of Tb3 beta 2 and new web site. About 35k beta 2 users. Got positive feedback on the web site.
- Working on next round of updates for the web site.
- Participating with the overall Mozilla Community marketing efforts which is picking up steam.
- Focus on the next few weeks is working on getting add-ons upgraded and supported from a marketing perspective.
- Concerned about extra FF beta and effect on TB. Thinking about TB shipping before gecko 1.9.1 if it is possible.
- We should soon have a person hired full-time to work on Thunderbird icons etc.
- Timing for feature lock down?
- looking at working it out in the next couple of days
- possibly branch in approx 3 weeks, but may also be better to do as late as possible.
- in general, reviewers will focus on reviewing blocking bugs, so other stuff will move out more. But helps to get releases out the door.
- What's happening with Calendar, following the announcements?
- calendar still isn't working on b2? (works for Standard8, they have been doing ongoing fixes).
- what's the plan to make it move forward?
- we are trying to figure it out
- calendar team are looking to get a release of Lightning out on Beta 2 in the next few weeks.
- Also looking to get a release out in sync with TB release.
- Plan isn't nailed down.
- Announcements has helped some people to come forward.
- a lot of non-TB stuff (recruiting, talking to industry folks, etc.)
- some driving
- move ahead on bug 436555
- figure out plan for poptarts w/ Standard8
- Last week
- Goals for this week
- get basic Tb3 and 3.0b3 schedules drafted
- 1 hr per day code review
- finish message-header (more) patch bug 480073
- draft SF space plan
- Bugdays, QA, triage etc.
- bug 479989 - Successful QA.
- Input response time of "hide details" and "other actions" buttons is inappropriately impacted by size of recipient list
- JS: Extensive flux still going on in main platform JS code, notably heavyweight patch bug 452498, finding testcases there often.
- Fixed bug 405762 Remove the phonetic fields from vcard editing as they aren't valid for vcards.
- Fixed bug 480127 about:rights info bar should use "open source software" not "open software".
- Fixed bug 479982 Adding a vcard from an email does not work.
- Fixed Core bug 480324 Link state detection on Mac OS X not always working (offline, auto detect) - waiting a few days before nominating for 1.9.1.
- Spent some time debugging going offline and downloading messages (bug 471695
Two week goals:
Reduce review backlog to zero
- bug 450134 - Autocomplete perf improvement (inc restore autocomplete on other email addresses).
- Proposed a patch for this, got review comments, need to improve.
- bug 440794 - Implement policy for sending in background, pref off to begin with.
- bug 457296 - Design interfaces for a separate service (i.e. not directly linked to address book) to determine allowing remote images to load or not.
- work continues on gloda-search, hope to have a revised implementation that uses heuristics to assign a score to each message (rather than binning it by simply matching on contact, subject, body, or attachment name)
- gloda i18n indexing correctness patch up for review (the problem is in the emitter/js emitter subsystem), but it will probably be a while before I get to the tokenizer problems.
- once gloda-search lands, there is a bunch of performance work to still do; Wayne and others are experiencing memory use explosions that we need to understand and address.
- Reviews and driving/bug triage
- trying to get review queue under control
- Fixed several issues in the auto config repo (verifyLogon with cert exceptions, username guessing had regressed, etc), and landed all but one of the backend changes on the trunk - bug 480026.
- Fixed crash on startup in nsMsgIdentity::getFolderPref, bug 480556
- Fixed expanding imap folders when not using subscription by sending a performExpand notification bug 472129
- Fixed bug 439108, maintain copy of offline imap message when move/copying a message.
- Fixed crash when server gives us empty alert message, bug 479927
- Fixed bug 481065 - local folder db's opened unnecessarily on startup
- Put up patch for review for using IMAP STATUS in IMAP auto sync bug 428266
Plan for next week
- Figure out plan for autoconfig with Bryan and DavidA
- work on App Idle for auto sync.
- Pick up smart folders work again
- work on miscellaneous b3 blockers.
- Launched Thunderbird 3 Beta 2!
- Mac OS X trunk dep/nightly builds
- Mac OS X Builders now pooled
- Try server (in progress)
- Clobberer server (in progress)
- Launched the new website, looking great!
- Redirecting lots of traffic from mozilla.com
- Saw > 1,000,000 hits in the last 24 hours
- > 80k visits in the last 24 hours
- > 40k unique visits to the 3.0b2 Start page in the last 96 hours
- Crash tested failure of one of our front-facing nodes, no noticeable downtime.
- Starting to push out real traffic now, no significant issues. (>3Mbit/s)
- Need some sort of analytics process for all this yummy log goodness.
- Still recovering from the sick... bleh
- post-mortem tomorrow
- catching up on bugs & ui reviews
- linux/mac icons & theme stuff
- crash, threading/missing messages, filter and profile bugs
- pushed on crash-stats and litmus issues
- crash-status is much improved
- Fixed bug 480899 where the auto-save attachments folder pref wasn't being used
- In the process of syncing to TB 3.0 beta 2 sources
- back-end work, soft tagging (looking at adding it into rss & news).
- prepared test day
- Walked through all open printing bugs
- Will attend the end of MozCamp/Utrecht
- Working on Tb3b3 plan.
- Two week goals :
- Try to communicate more effectively
- explain what and why QA is important - to try to get w few more people onboard
- Plan tb3.0b3 testing
- davida, dmose, Standard8, bienvenu, asuth, gozer, clarkbw, wsmwk, beckley, rkent, rebron, Tsk