Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Who's taking minutes? --> clarkbw
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Autoconfig process
- Webapp currently being tested to fix some initial problems, will open up for broader testing soon
- davida will be working with gozer on moving the webapp into a preview release
- hopefully getting some review time from a django person
- bwinton has been coordinating with Greg and students at U Toronto
- 5 students across Canada
- Join the ISPDB Google Group to participate in the discussion
- Note: SeaMonkey requests that mailnews/ and suite/ strings are frozen between Thursday 27th August 23:59 PST and Wednesday 2nd September for their 2.0b2 release.
- Standard8 has checked [has l10n impact] bugs - all appear to be specific TB strings only.
- If you need to land strings bugs during that period and are unsure what to do, check with Standard8.
- Freeze Dates:
- Slushy Code Freeze: Monday 7th Sept 23:59 PDT.
- Full String Freeze: Wed 9th Sept 23:59 PDT.
- Code Freeze: Friday 11th Sept 23:59 PDT.
- l10n Complete: Monday 14th Sept 23:59 PDT.
- Release builds start: Tues 15th Sept.
- TB 3.0b4 - blocking 47 (-29)
- b3ux TBD
- Proposed Blocking (all milestones)
- Proposed Blockers (all): 15 (+3)
- TB 3.0b4 - blocking 62 (+17)
- Release Driver: Standard8
- Build Engineer: gozer
- Schedule (proposed, may change nearer b4):
- Final l10n String Freeze: Tuesday 29th Sept 23:59 PST
- Approvals/Blockers only: from Tuesday 6th October 23:59 PST
- Aiming to start RC1 builds on: 3rd Nov.
- Subsequent RCs as necessary.
- Proposed Blocking
- Proposed Blockers (all): 15 (+3)
- Please set bugs to assigned status (as well as owner to you) if you want to do them.
- If you have other bugs assigned to you that you don't want to do, please reassign or discuss with drivers.
- Usual weekly activity see http://quality.mozilla.org/events/2009/sep/03/thunderbird-bugday-squashing-trunk-bugs for an example of our weekly activity.
- Started presenting the contributors to QA - see Wayne's presentation for an idea of what that is.
Want to join the QA effort and don't know how, drop me an email at email@example.com
- Press Update: How I Learned All About Outlook and Thunderbird
- 89% of Thunderbird 2 users on 22.214.171.124 after 11 days
- Presented marketing plan to MoMo board, good feedback.
- New OS X builder
- Prioritized builders
- nightly > comm-1.9.1 > l10n
- Code Signing
- Lots of new tester accounts bug 511878
- hg.mozilla.org still has reliability issues this week
- Some spurious bustage as a result
- The bug is closed, but we are still seeing intermittent issues
- mostly off sick last week
- good MDC usability discussion with a new extension developer:
- cruft in search results (ie, Google) - not apparent that MDC is the most reliable doc source
- MDC navigation issues - no page hierarchy, therefore breadcrumbs aren't useful and "portal" pages are hard to find unless you navigate from the main page
- not obvious that MDC is a wiki and that people are encouraged to comtribute
- following up with Sheppy
- general MDC problems last week (per Sheppy's blog post)
- continuing with tutorial / FUEL / STEEL / SMILE
- Top 5 GS Support Topics: to be filled in by Roland
- Support Day: September 3, 2009, 9:30-5p.m. Pacific in #thunderbird and #gsfn (for meta & how to use get satisfaction topics)
- Key Support stats from the following graphic:
- will be higher in general, lower this week because we erroneously had link going to mozilla GS instead of MoMoGS for a few days
- approximately 15 topics a day (I think after switching link to MoMo GS it will be about 20/day, lots of activity last weekend)
- total new topics:69 total replies: 95 - means we are making progress in clearing backlog
- #replies from non MoMo folks: approximately 30 (approximately 25 from Tom; hand counted since there's no way to get it easily)
- researching better and more metrics e.g. number of new users
- Code reviews
- Iterated on various message header patches
- Board meeting related work
- Some Holiday
- Reviews & Driving
- LDAP Autoconfig (aka MCD) is now ready for TB 3 (bug 502597)
- Various Content Tab improvements/fixes bug 513654, bug 513653
- bug 505705 Window layout position and columns not remembered after each exit (using Vertical view, width, persist).
- bug 504552 Default tab show only a message and no other panes - provide some error handling for when the quick search menu gets confused.
- Some trunk bustage fixes (bug 512763
- gloda search faceting
- Reviews and Driving
- Made autosync date constraints be per-server.
- Fixed threading with quick search and augment the view unit test to test quick search threading.
- Fixed various causes of corruption of offline imap store, bug 468595, plus limited unit test.
- Re-enable imap subscription for servers that support xlist, bug 493455
- Try to get DB in HasMsgOffline in case someone has cleared the cached db pointer out from under gloda, bug 512414
- Fix check for new pop3 mail when download on check not set, bug 458625
- Potential fix for top crash in nsMsgDBView::FindHdr, bug 503854
- Don't create duplicate Archives folder if there's an existing archive folder (i.e., folder with a different case name), bug 484329
Next week Reviews and b4 blockers.
- New OS X builder (momo-vm-osx-leopard-05)
- Prioritized builders
- Signing automation
- Release automation
- Buildbot catchup work
- buildbot/ updated in production
- buildbotcustom/ updated in staging
- l10n-repack duplicate builds bug 513735
- Splitting SSL backends in 3 bug 510934
- mail-test many more new accounts for folks bug 511878
- b4 blockers
- compact header extension
- Still edging toward release of Eudora 8 beta 7/Penelope 0.5 alpha 4.
- Showstoppers appear to be fixed, and final builds are coming with an additional round of testing
- drafted demo script for TB 3
- in process with reviewer's guide w/ pr team
- targeting web site content draft for this Friday for pascalc
- keeping Jim Cook happy on TB 3 Beta 3
- meeting with Mozilla Europe/Barbara in person/mtn view for European press/press tour
- On top of bugs
- Working with Roland to figure out more Support <-> QA.
- Preparing testing Sessions for b4.
- Last week:
- This week:
- Vista theme work
- More gnomestripe fixes bug 505721
- Gloda faceting css
- Quick account setup css
- Tags css fixes
- Closed bug 512454, bug 501163, bug 490985, and bug 503436.
- Checked in patch for bug 506290.
- Posted patches for bug 510707, bug 504954, and bug 490111.
- Contacted students to work on ISPDB.
- Continue working on bug 506290, bug 510707, bug 465269, and bug 501910.
- Help students get started on ISPDB.
- moved two pages of support content from mozilla.org to mozillamessaging.com
- more GS backlog reduction
- formal support plan - came up with list of items
- working with Ludo to figure out Bugzilla<->GS, here's a Bugzilla->GS wiki page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Support/GetSatisfaction/MovingBugzillaSupportRequests
- finish move of support content from mozilla.org to mozillamessaging.com
- more GS How Tos including editing README, tagging convention in time for GS Support Day on September 3
- get draft formal support plan up on wiki