|Lanikai 3.1 Beta 2||Thunderbird 3.0.5|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> dascher
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
- flag nomination restriction proposal status
- Bug lists: Thunderbird:Thunderbird3.1:Status_Tracking
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnel cake builds rescheduled for this Wednesday midnight to Thursday midnight. Requires web site updates for launch.
- cancel install survey for funnel cake.
- Still need help with the following ISPs s.kyushu-u.ac.jp, ipc.shizuoka.ac.jp, wp.pl, o2.pl, neuf.fr, seznam.cz. 30% - 35% success rate on ISP setup.
- Will blog post uninstall survey results later this week.
Lanikai Beta 2
- Slipped; waiting on migration assistant bug 545563 and new quick search bug 545955.
- Current plan is string/code/feature freeze ASAP after they land. See this post for details.
String/code freeze date: Tuesday 20th April <-- 3.1 string/feature freeze!
- l10n-mozilla-1.9.2 freeze date: Thursday 29th April
- Switch to comm-1.9.2 branch: Friday 29th April
- Build/relbranch date: Friday 29th April
- Ship date: Wednesday 5th May. (may slip if we can't get compact headers and folder pane counts updated to work with 3.1 b2 in time)
Thunderbird 3.0.x Developer Update
See Tinderbox for how to get your patches into 3.0.x
- Gecko date tentatively set for May 11
- TB 3.0.5 will probably follow suit, may release 1/2 day later (TBD).
Security And Stability releases - where to help
- Usual event last week - need to reboot these
- Normal event this week
- Waiting for builds for 3.1b2
- recruiting for testing is in progress
- Thunderbird Coverage Snapshot - slow cycle mostly tips and tricks e.g. 1, 2, short article on quick filter add-on
- 6.1MM ADUs, 35% on Thunderbird 3. Increase in users in France.
- Will be doing additional 2.x to 3.x messaging to reach enterprises, isps, deployers.
- update sumomo home page
- new Sympatico SMTP page
- per survey feedback, add more items to FAQ Upgrading Thunderbird 2 to 3
- new KB article: Using identities
- edit / format (rinse, repeat) MDC use cases article
- Support Community Reboot - 2 min. intro video script posted, hopefully DavidA can find time to film with Rainer next time he's in MV
- SuMoMo - stage on SUMO 1.5.2 [tracker bug 552708], pushing to production after this meeting, next: get SuMoMo localization dashboard, bug 549407, working - 120K visits +11%, US +31.8%, DE -4%, JP -6%, FR, UK, CA, IT, NL, AU, etc.
- Get Satisfaction (see graphic in Support Appendix - slightly lower than normal week - 372 new topics (464), Sadness up: 67% (66%) - GS contributors please check out our new boilerplate response page as well as GS JetPack Helper 0.3 needs hackers and contributors to use it for frequent support replies, email roland!
- hot & active topics: 12,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/how_do_i_get_gmail_to_work_with_tb_3_0 ; 11,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/thunderbird_3_x_is_a_disaster_and_a_major_regression_from_2_x ; 10,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/duplicate_message_downloading_due_to_slow_or_absent_indexing_windows_vista_32 ; 9,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/oh_man_how_do_i_get_the_previous_version_of_t_bird_back ; 9,http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/how_i_see_attachment_file_size (getactive.rb)
- contributors - 164 matt_678579 of Australia (v); 4 sipaq ;8, robertjwaller aka bob waller(v);33, Archaeopteryx (v);12, rkent (volunteer) ; 22, Roland Tanglao;6, wsmwk (v);61, Xenos aka chrisramsden (v); 6, jen_zickerman (gethappykludged.rb)
- new contributors - always looking for new contributors, roland AT mozillamessaging.com OR #gsfn irc.mozilla.org nick:rolandtanglao - in particular looking for moderators who can look at others' replies and close topics & "support metadata fixers" who can fix tags and titles to make them accurate and searchable
- new / closed topics Monday-Sunday: Mon 62/7, Tue 55/14, Wed 75/10, Thu 52/16, Fri 41/11, Sat 21/2, Sun 13/3 (getNumCreatedNumResolved.rb)
- some prototype Support Topic Clustering using Dave Dash's SuMo Issues Python code
- Biweekly GS Triage Meeting - topics reviewed at April 19,2010 meeting; next Meeting Monday May 3, 2010 10a.m. Pacific x4401 - please tag GS topics 'review' for high user pain topics
- Buildbot work still in progress
- Will schedule a mock-release with gozer asap
- Between Feb and March we did an average of 0.8 bugs per day. If we want to release 1.0b2 together with Thunderbird 3.1 then we need to pick a few select bugs for the release and then start freezing.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Un-mute yourself by pressing * 1 to talk.