last meeting | index | next meeting »
|Thunderbird 3.2||Thunderbird 3.1.4||Thunderbird 3.0.8|
|To Be Announced||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, September 14th, 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
- Who's taking minutes? --> clarkbw
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friends of the Tree When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size and send it to email@example.com so that he can send them a shirt!
- Hiroyuki Ikezoe for all the good work on the mapi component
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Prelim numbers for Funnel Cake 2 give us a 12.8% conversion rate up from 10.8% from Funnel Cake 1. Numbers look good/reasonable in comparison to last time. There are 35% more users in the sample due to the addition of Germany. Still gathering more data, will have a full two weeks of data starting tomorrow, can begin measuring retention rate.
- 43.8% success rate w/ ISPDB. Top 11 misses: psmtp.com, ocn.ad.jp, cox.net, aon.at, one.com, interia.pl, netease.com, ntlworld.com, telia.com, shaw.ca, outlook.com.
- Coding basically on hold until the APIs are delivered.
- Discussion about the web service portion should occur this week.
- Working through unit tests - we pass up to the middle of the imap tests
- MuteThread screencast & written collateral ready; awaiting posting
- Flags now set up
- 3.2 Branch on hold until account provisioning schedule is clearer.
- Will bump trunk to 3.3a1pre in the meantime to reflect bugzilla flags.
- Libxul work progressing. bug 585947 is the tracker but bug 394502 has the latest.
- Help on fixing up trunk welcome, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- jit now turned on again for chrome.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- A few issues (bug 594699, bug 592592, bug 592601 found in 3.1.3/3.0.7 are being investigated, and we are expecting a quick-release to resolve those issues.
- Bug Lists: 3.1, 3.0
Major updates to 3.1
- Now over 55% of users on TB 3.1.x, gaining about 2.4M ADUs since we started offering major updates on 11th August.
- Major updates for 3.0.x users have been paused as a result of the 3.0.7 release and also whilst we're sorting out the issues in 3.0.7.
- Followed up on releases
- Ongoing bugzilla work - many thanks to the contributors
- Our Announcement mailing list, will be used for 3.next testing.
- Crash stats of prior week
- Press Update: About 50+ mentions for Thunderbird 3.1.3 update 1, of note - Yahoo Mail to introduce a new Minty interface to support iPad/Android interfaces 1.
- ADUs: 6MM ADUs, 56% on Thunderbird 3.x, still around 100k downloads a day from 80k to 130k downloads a day this week.
- Monitoring support issues through press.
- Put together audit/site map for next version of web site to coordinate w/ MoMo upgrades. Working on schedule next.
- Thunderbird 3.0.8 / 3.1.4 : Flawless builds
- Buildbot 0.8
- Linux & Mac slaves all upgraded
- Win32 almost ready to roll
- Upgrading the master is next
- Firewall Issues
- 830 new support topics, back to normal levels after labour day!
- 3.1 Support Issues - issue of the week is startup crash seemingly caused by corrupted compreg.dat (not sure if this is a major problem since only 1000 crashes out of 1.7 million users), bug 594699, GS Company Update, GS Canonical Topic
- simplified SuMoMo home page with top problems only - draft page on trunk, will update production Tuesday night, SuMoMo Tasks Etherpad
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details -
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
GSOC Project Roundup
Daniel’s QuickLook Support and Ian’s Improved Attachment Handling: http://weblog.latte.ca/blake/gsoc2010.html
bwinton,bienvenu,dmose, standard8, clarkbw,roland,gozer,tsk