|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 1||Thunderbird 3.1.7 & 3.0.11|
|To Be Announced||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
- Who's taking minutes? --> clarkbw
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnelcake 3, still crunching numbers have a weeks worth of data now. We have about 1k less than in funnelcake 2 in this sample w/ ~4200 users.
- ISPDB: 39% conversion rate; top 10 domain misses: ocn.ad.jp, psmtp.com, aon.at, interia.pl, telenet-ops.be, cox.net, btinternet.com, netease.com, shaw.ca, ntlworld.com
- We're still waiting on legal stuff, and are using the time to polish.
Pluggable Mail Stores:
- Merged with trunk, fixed some test failures in Berkeley store, 3 left to fix
- Test to fix not to hard up to now, but busy with other point
- should be dogfoodable by 3.3
- Up next: Thunderbird Conversations (formerly Gmail Conversation View). Currently ironing things out with clarkbw and andychung before cutting a 2.0 release. [protz]
- Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
- Sync Add-on further out.
- On schedule to release an add-on a week for the next month or so
- Set up new wiki page listing our various branches.
- New blocking and status flags set up for 3.3x. Bug tracking page also set up.
- Trunk Alphas will be code-named Miramar, based on previous discussion on tb-planning. Nightlies will adopt the name once we branch.
- Mac builds now swapped to 32/64 bit universal builds, dropping the ppc architecture.
- Builds seem to be fine, though updates not published at the time of writing.
- See post on tb-planning for known issues and further information.
Miramar Alpha 1
- Release what we have on trunk
- Backend improvements
- Add-on Manager and extension changes
- Linux 64 bit and Mac 32/64 bit builds.
- Current blockers
- Expecting to start release process this week.
Post Alpha 1
- Aiming for frequent alphas, specifically to pick up fixes / features.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- blocking criteria :
- Alpha 1 -> Serious usability issues.
- After -> not real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.
- Decision on if/when we'll do 3.2 on hold until we progress account provisioning further.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
Major updates to 3.1
- Unthrotle 3.1.0 -> 3.1.6
- 2.x user down to 17%
- Preparing testing round for Alpha1
- We need more testers
- PR Update: Lots of positive reviews 1, 2 for F1 by Mozilla Labs. Articles boosted by Firefox 4 Beta 7 news on the same day.
- ADUs: 6.4MM total ADUs current high; 2.x is 18% of total ADUs now, downloads steady at above 90k a day average
- Starting planning for 2011 conferences (FOSDEM, etc), marketing events participation. Send me info if you have suggestions on where we should be.
- Mac OS X 10.6 32/64 Universal builds on trunk nightly
- Packaged Mozmill/XPCShell tests on trunk (no more check builders)
Build / Release Update
- added comm-central trunk release builders
- working on provider support for broker(account provisioning API)
- more updates to free email providers page on http://trunk.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/features/email_providers.html
Sumomo clean-up: complete and make draft articles live; new articles; combine duplicates; updates
- Quick Filter KB
- Switching to Thunderbird
- Installing TB on the Mac
- Sending and Receiving Messages
- general work around Windows and updating articles
- looking at contribution sources / metrics, MDC and Sumomo
- Kitsune QA (the new support / KB platform)
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 449 new support topics down 21% (567 last week; this week is a bit down from normal)
- Make TB 3.1 look like TB 2 MozillaZine/Mozilla Messaging Collaboration "sprint" is technically over but could still use your edits!
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Dmose, standard8, bwinton, davidB ,gozer,john,Andrei