|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 1||Thunderbird 3.1.7 & 3.0.11|
|To Be Announced||
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
- Who's taking minutes? --> roland
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnelcake 3 released this morning. Should have some prelim numbers by tomorrow.
- ISPDB: 35% conversion rate; top 10 domain misses: ocn.ad.jp, netease.com, interia.pl, psmtp.com, aon.at, telenet-ops.be, 163.com, one.com, cox.net, netsolmail.net
- We're still waiting on legal stuff, and are using the time to polish.
Pluggable Mail Stores:
- Up next: Thunderbird Conversations (formerly Gmail Conversation View). Currently ironing things out with clarkbw and andychung before cutting a 2.0 release. [protz]
- Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
- Sync Add-on further out.
- On schedule to release an add-on a week for the next month or so
- Decision on if/when we'll do 3.2 on hold until we progress account provisioning further.
- Starting 3.3 alpha cycle to get wider testing on trunk builds and major feature work.
- Basically release what we have on trunk
- Backend improvements
- Add-on Manager and extension changes
- Linux 64 bit and Mac 32/64 bit builds.
- Current blockers i.e.
- Mac 64 bit builds
- Buildbot configuration for trunk alphas
Post Alpha 1
- Aiming for frequent alphas, specifically to pick up fixes / features.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Draft Schedule published, see above.
- Starting flagging bugs to be included in the next release, please see the bug lists.
- Bug Lists: 3.1, 3.0
Major updates to 3.1
- usual stuff
- slowly preparing testing round for Alpha1
- PR Update: Nice article on Calendar in Thunderbird, Rockmelt roundup, a few straggler stories on the security update
- ADUs: 6.5MM total ADUs current high; 2.x is 18% of total ADUs now, downloads steady at above 80k a day average
- Exploring a couple marketing initiatives centered around games and video. Please participate in IRC on #marketing.
- Massive storage downtime Thursday -> Friday
- CouchDB as a build service, gozer to email tb-planning mailing list so folks are aware of this and can use it specifically asuth et al
Build / Release Update
- enabled concurrent release builds on our production buildbot
- adding release builders for trunk this week
- gozer and jhopkins are now doing weekly bug sprint to catch up on bug backlog in buildrel
- Broker (less verbose name for Account Provisioning Middleware, added some tests, logging, figuring out API details and starting implementation)
- updated text on website for free email providers
Sumomo clean-up: complete and make draft articles live; new articles; combine duplicates; updates
- Quick Filter KB
- Switching to Thunderbird
- Installing TB on the Mac
- Sending and Receiving Messages
- general work around Windows and updating articles
- looking at contribution sources / metrics, MDC and Sumomo
- Kitsune QA (the new support / KB platform)
- 567 new support topics down 13% (652 last week; this week is a bit down from normal)
- Again, tb-support-crew mailing list for support contributors has been launched! If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe and briefly introduce yourself to the list
- sid0 is rapidly iterating (thanks sid!) the about:support extension so if you are a support contributor on Get Satisfaction, MozillaZine, etc please give latest builds (github, mercurial) a try and give us feedback
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.