|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 1||Thunderbird 3.1.7 & 3.0.11|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
- Who's taking minutes? --> bienvenu
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
- Mark Brennan of Stanford CT for his work on the FLOSS Manual for Thunderbird
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Sancus is working on integrating with another provider.
- Andreas is working on a new end page.
- Other than that, nothing new.
Pluggable Mail Stores (bug 402392):
- Merged with trunk, fixed some test failures in Berkeley store, 3 left to fix
- Test to fix not to hard up to now, but busy with other point
- should be dogfoodable by 3.3
- Up next: Thunderbird Conversations (formerly Gmail Conversation View). Currently ironing things out with clarkbw and andychung before cutting a 2.0 release. [protz]
- Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
- Sync Add-on further out.
Trunk (Miramar) Development
Miramar Alpha 1
Post Alpha 1
- Aiming for frequent alphas, specifically to pick up fixes / features.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- blocking criteria :
- Alpha 1 -> Serious usability issues.
- After -> not real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.
- Decision on if/when we'll do 3.2 on hold until we progress account provisioning further.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
Major updates to 3.1
- Thank you to all the people who participated in the Test of 3.3a1 :
- Release branches now get tests run after build finishes.
- Try server now running make check.
Build / Release Update
- As Blake reports, working on integrating last provider still. Should hopefully be done by the end of the week, but some of that depends on them.
- Bug day for new support platform "Kitsune"
- better editing interface - should be a much better platform for contributors
- less admin cruft
- better workflow support
- generally looking pretty good
- MZ collaboration Make Thunderbird 3.1 look like Thunderbird 2
- Practicum student Mike is back
- New KB articles (mostly by contributor "Matt"):
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 449 new support topics identical to last week (449 last week; this week is again a bit down from normal, American pre-Thanksgiving?)
- 3.1 Support Issues
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
bienvenu dmose standard8 roland jenzed jhopkins