|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 2||Thunderbird 3.1.7 & 3.0.11|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
- Who's taking minutes? --> Standard8
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Still crunching logs for Funnel Cake 3.
- ISPDB: 47% success rate, Top missing domains: ocn.ad.jp, psmtp.com, interia.pl, aon.at, cox.net, telenet.be, one.com, charter.net, freemail.hu, netease.com
- Dave Sifry is working on contracts/term sheets.
- Sancus is working on integrating with another provider.
- Andreas is working on a new end page.
- Other than that, nothing new.
Pluggable Mail Stores (bug 402392):
- Merged with trunk, fixed some test failures in Berkeley store, 3 left to fix
- Test to fix not to hard up to now, but busy with other point
- should be dogfoodable by 3.3
- Up next: Thunderbird Conversations (formerly Gmail Conversation View). Still polishing, just a few details left, should be ready for a preview release by the end of the week. Will have the corresponding blog post on mozilla labs as well as a screencast. Currently looking for feedback, please see http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird/browse_thread/thread/938dc693f3a3fddd# [protz]
- Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
- Sync Add-on further out.
Trunk (Miramar) Development
- Active branches.
- Aiming for frequent alphas, specifically to pick up fixes / features.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- blocking criteria :
- Alpha 1 -> Serious usability issues.
- After -> not real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.
- Decision on if/when we'll do 3.2 on hold until we progress account provisioning further.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
Major updates to 3.1
- This week we have a Dupme event workshop on Thursday
- Press Update: Miramar Alpha 1 articles 1, 2, 3
- Web site task force notes 11-18-2010, reviewing bugs for Mozilla.com new design update as they pertain to us
- Got mentioned on german tv "Abenteuer Leben"
- Driving more users to Miramar Alpha 1
- Plan out "Get Add-ons content" for Add-ons Manager in Miramar.
- New Hardware : arrives today/tomorrow
- Expect new builders to be spinning up by the end of the week
Build / Release Update
- John back from vacation
- Parallel build infrastructure: worked
- Thunderbird 3.0.11/3.1.7
- Nightly updates on builders
- Ability to run packaged tests on release builds (comm-central)
- Mostly blocked on Broker(account provisioning middleware) waiting for provider services
- Will spend time on ispdb this week and other bugs that have been in queue for a while
- Autoconfig docs on MDN: recent updated from Ben Bucksch
- Tutorial on MDN: recent updates from daniela.waranie
- Various support articles / bugs fixes
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 363 new support topics -19% from last week (449 last week; this week is again a bit down from normal, American pre-Thanksgiving lingering effect?)
- 3.1 Support Issues
- finally put the Get Satisfaction Metrics code into git:(momogs repo, emailreport.rb - the script that I run daily to gather daily Get Satisfaction Metrics) - HELP WANTED - love to have a real programmer fix and enhance this code
- Welcome to new GS support contributor, Chris Richard!
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Still having a lot of trouble on trunk, most notably venkman no longer works
- Backporting to 1.9.2 completed, will blog today or tomorrow.
- Didn't hear much from Oracle people since the sun -> Oracle move , and neither from inverse.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
davida, dmose, bwinton, sancus, jhopkins, jenzed, roland, gozer, Ludo,