|Thunderbird 3.3 Alpha 2||Thunderbird 3.1.7 & 3.0.11|
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to press *1 to unmute yourself before talking!
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
- Who's taking minutes? --> Ludo
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to davida or dmose for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
- Eric Moore of MozillaZine for the Make TB 3.1 look like TB 2.0 MZ/MoMo collaboration and excellent, detailed about:support feedback
- Matt Harris of Australia for documenting Thunderbird FAQs and tweaks on his blog and in SuMoMo
Conversion Funnel (Priority 0 side project)
- Funnel cake 3 after 20 days gives us a 92% retention rate. Inline with Funnel cake 1 - 2 retention after same time period.
- Fine graining numbers coming up (ie os etc e.g. 11% users on Mac OS X and 33% on Windows XP).
- Germany seems to retain more.
- Q what numbers can we compare to ?
- previous Funnels
- Rafael to try to find some numbers out.
For more details, see also the driver meeting notes.
- Contracts almost done.
- Code done.
- Should be ready to release by next Tuesday.
Pluggable Mail Stores (bug 402392):
- two test failings
- Thunderbird Conversations slated for release on 2010/12/07, with blog post on mozilla labs, screencast, updated AMO page, lotta screenshots, twitter announcement (please retweet), and the whole shebang.
- Expecting a lot of feedback!
- :protz currently slightly busy now, will continue bugfixes and improvements, for future alpha releases in sync with Thunderbird 3.3 alpha releases (gallery view, bugfixes, improved quick reply...).
- Updates for Mailing List Manager, Contacts on deck.
- Sync Add-on further out.
Trunk (Miramar) Development
- Active branches.
- Next Alpha: Early January.
- Help on fixing blockers would be very useful and appreciated, see this list of higher priority bugs.
- blocking criteria :
- Alpha 1 -> Serious usability issues.
- After -> not real criteria, regression/usability issues as usual.
- Decision on if/when we'll do 3.2 on hold until we progress account provisioning further.
Thunderbird Stability & Security Releases
- Doing a quick respin (build 3) to fix a regression that affects Theme add-ons.
- 3.1.7(build2 out on the beta channel) and 3.0.11 to be released on Thursday.
- 3.0.11 is the last release fro the 3.0.x branch
- End Of Life (EOL) for 3.0.x.
- Doing build3 for 3.1.7 - small change - on schedule for Thursday release
- Bug Lists: 3.1, 3.0
Major updates to 3.1
- Nothing this week.
- Had the dupme event last week
- 2 people showed up at the second session (and one found a duplicate !!)
- Regular #tb-qa people at the first session
- Nobody new at the last session
- Notes and docs that need to be cleaned up are up at Thunderbird:Testing/Workshops#Past_events
- Had a few more ideas of workshops
- How to use bugzilla ?
- How to gather stack traces and log files
- Getting started with mozmill
- The change from announced weekly event, 1 day in the week to more loosy 1 event per week didn't really work out - we will go back to one day event per week - need to communicate that and get it rolling.
- Should probably advertize extensions a bit more with what to test etc ...
- Press Update: going to push on conversion view more today - early articles 1, 2, 3, should increase Miramar pickup
- Total ADUs: Thunderbird 2.x is 15% of total users, about 6.6MM total Thunderbird ADUs and holding steady with over 85k downloads a day.
- This week:
- Add-on Con 2010 this Wednesday and Thursday, will demo all of our Labs add-ons
- Add-on contest still in our plan, need to find the proper timing.
- Buildbot 0.8 upgrade this week!
- Thursday December 9th / 9am - 1pm Pacific
- New hardware is on site, waiting to plug it in
- includes lignting stuff
- SSL for Spreadthunderbird
- https is usable
- drupal module installed to have auth done over https.
- Mozilla Messaging organization now on GitHub
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 3.0.11/3.1.7 last week. Build 3.1.7 build 3 today
- Try server supports patches to non-comm-central repositories
- Planning upgrade to Buildbot 0.8 on Thursday
- Virus scan automation
- Couple website fixes and ispdb fixes coming up
- Still blocked on broker/account provisioning stuff for second provider~
- Looking into bug 600367 this week and more ispdb bugs
(If you support Thunderbird or write documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 423 new support topics +17% from last week (363 last week; this week is still a bit down from normal, American Thanksgiving lingering effect?)
- 3.1 Support Issues
- Congrats to Firefox launching Kitsune KB last week.
- Plan to switch SuMoMo to Kitsune KB in 1Q or 2Q2011.
- Wiki page and tracker bug coming soon!
- Investigating Web Trends analytics for SuMoMo (not as detailed as Google Analytics on first glance e.g. missing country by country analytics)
- about:support addon is now at 0.40 with condensed plain text output - Thunderbird support contributors: please give it a try. Thanks to sid0 for excellent work and code!
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Nothing special this week from the code side, been working on getting chromebug working with partial success.
- The Website Team successfully migrated all support articles from wiki.mozilla.org to the Mozilla Messaging Support Knowledge Base
- A few contributors are already localizing these new pages
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Fallen, dmose, standard8, bwinton, davidB, gozer, jhopkins, roland, ludo, rebron