« previous week | index | next week »
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, June 5, 2012 16:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> mconley
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
- Shipping today!
- We discovered an issue really late last week where users who change their Hover.com passwords will have to *remove the original password* from the Password Manager. Details are here.
- Yes, this is less than ideal - it's unfortunate that we discovered this so late. It was too late to fix it for TB 13.
- The fix for this has already landed for TB 14 beta, and EarlyBird.
Filelink (Big Files)
- Shipping today!
- It's now possible to enter chat names for several chat networks in address book cards (the address book used to only support AIM screen names).
Google Summer of Code Projects
App Tabs for Thunderbird
- Have done:
- User can pin/unpin App Tab.
- App Tabs are located on the left of the tab panel.
- To be done:
- Determine the exact tab size.
- Separate App Tabs from normal tabs.
- Known bugs:
- The inbox (the default tab) does not allow any tab to be dragged to its left.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 16 July
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Late issue found (Bug 760807) due to a regression in the version of NSIS the builders are using. Upgraded builder has respun the builds, which will mean TB 13 will be shipped in the next hour or two.
- Due to the above issue, ESR release delayed a few hours, ETA early tomorrow (EDT)
- New beta 14 starting later this week.
Extension of the week
- SlideShow - Displays a slideshow of picture attachments. When email has attached pictures, it displays "View as Slideshow" button next to the attachment. Button click pops a slideshow window with all the images, allowing you to zoom in/out, save...
- Release activity
- More testing of new features
- Bugzilla maintenance
- finalized the Thunderbird announcement tools and plan with partners (Gandi, Hover and YouSendit) and with Mozilla communication team
Build / Release Update
- release activities
- had to reconfigure my VM and all my dev environments due to the move from momo servers killing my old VM
- account provisioner debugging/work
- TB13 docs:
- With Anne-Marie, talking to the Badges folks about implementation (great group - very enthusiastic and supportive)
- With SUMO folks, talking about formalizing and extending student engagement program
- Some suggested text to use to respond to people who ask for enhancements that we can't provide
- Next support day will be the day after TB 13 releases i.e. 1 day after TB13 release day June 5 which will be TOMORROW June 6, 2012 - It's fun and easy, just help us fill out our June 6, 202 TB Support Day Etherpad
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1248 new support topics (1235 one week ago ) - Media:GS-TB-28May-3June2012-1-of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png ; Media:GS-TB-28May-3June2012-2-of2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 13 Support Issues
- Further issues? If so please edit the TB13 Support Issues page and add any issues or bugs found in TB13 and tag them tb13
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- TB Support Clinic - Location and time TBD. Possibly in Vancouver, possibly at the next Thunderbird Work Week
- Possible joint event with the fabulous Ubuntu Vancouve Local Users Group who have 500 people in their mailing list
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.