Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Irving (This page has been updated with notes)
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
- We still want to give users the ability to upload files to Dropbox, so we've begun working on moving the Dropbox implementation to an add-on.
- We'd also like to make the sign-up flow smoother for users without storage accounts. That work is being tracked here.
- With Filelink and Account Provisioner shipped, mconley got a few hours to spend working on a draft specification for the UI for a new address book.
- This is still very much a work in progress - rough edges, unanswered questions and formatting issues in the document.
- Shipped! (Aside: Features/Thunderbird needs to be updated)
- Do we have automatic metrics on signups? No, only occasional reports from partners.
Google Summer of Code Projects
- No in-person update from Trung today, since he's currently on a flight.
- Last week was spent studying how the inbox tab works, since it is a special case (it's currently non-draggable, and is forced as the first tab)
- This week, Trung will be finishing up the app tab width calculation, and handling tab dragging.
- A more verbose update can be found on Trung's project blog.
- David reports that his GSOC student has made progress on retrieving and storing GMail's custom message and thread IDs.
- Blake reports that Sergio is almost done domain deletion and issue reporting.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 16 July
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- We found a few issues in 13 that we're going to be following up in a 13.0.1. Should be released by the end of the week.
- Yousendit files default to expire after 7 days
- Some libraries loaded twice or not at all on Linux
- 14.0b2 this week, it will contain most of the fixes that are going into 13.0.1 as well as the normal fixes and L10n updates.
Extension of the week
- LDAP group viewer, let's you view groups and group members on LDAP. Can't demo it.
- Testday this Thursday focus will be :
- First install and run
- os integration
- Monitored TB13 announcement effect. 23 trackbacks on our blog post in multiple languages. Positive feedback on both features
- Positive feedback on social networks too
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 14.0b1 released
- Thunderbird 14.0b2 release this week or next
- Fixed several bugs with the account provisioner
- Start Page Update
- Wrote and ran the TB13 Compatibility Bump
- TB14 Compatibility Bump is also done and should go live next week, much earlier in the cycle than before
- L10n merges, What's New translation coverage is ~75% done.
- British Columbia Institute of Technology Tech Writer's grad / alumni event:
- gave talk about Mozilla / open source
- participated in industry panel
- unfortunately, nobody approached me for more info about becoming a Mozilla contributor - everyone was pretty employment-focused
- Open Badges:
- write-up on how we might implement these with Thunderbird
- separate project regarding P2PU badges (specifically for recent Thunderbird course; more generally to encourage further contributions of this kind)
- Student practicums: working with SUMO to extend / formalize our student practicum program
- Working with current practicum students on their projects
- Next support day will be the day after TB 14 releases i.e. 1 day after TB14 release day July 17 which will be July 18, 2012 - It's fun and easy, just help us fill out our July 18, 2012 TB Support Day Etherpad
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1340 new support topics (1248 one week ago ) - Media:4-10June2012-Part-1-of-2-Thunderbird-GS-stats.png ; Media:4-10June2012-Part-2-of-2-Thunderbird-GS-stats.png
- Thunderbird 13 Support Issues
- Further issues? If so please edit the TB13 Support Issues page and add any issues or bugs found in TB13 and tag them tb13
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- TB Support Clinic - Location and time TBD. Possibly in Vancouver, possibly at the next Thunderbird Work Week
- Possible joint event with the fabulous Ubuntu Vancouve Local Users Group who have 500 people in their mailing list
- Calendar team has been fighting build infrastructure issues.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- Question about visa requirements for travel to MozCamp, hopefully the planning team will have answers for us.
Usul, jb, standard8, Jenz, Roland, John, Abourcier, Jcranmer, Bwinton, moncley, irving, bienvenu, florian, sancus