Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> Ludovic
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
- Many thanks to Mick Fuzz of Tech Tools for Activism for his Thunderbird "challenge" course on P2PU and supporting FLOSS workbook
- Matthew Mecca, for doing some great work in keeping Lightning running during Philipp's vacation.
- Still seem to be on track to release this in TB 13.
- Will ship with TB13
- IRC fixes
- Searches IM is merged
- polishing needs to happen
- Needs ironing testing
- Next Address book integration
Google Summer of Code Projects
- Working on downloading the gmail attributes (msg-ID, Thread-ID)
- Working on testing
- Admin to edit domains
- users to request domains
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 4 June
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
Daily & Earlybird builds
- Signing of builds now enabled by default (PGP - all platforms, Binary - windows)
- Mac builds will also now be signed by default, ready for 10.8 compatibility.
- New automation went really well on the last beta. Shipped in less than 24 hours without pushing hard.
- Final beta this week, will incorporate the Mac signing.
Extension of the week
address close button a utility that is make removing a recipient in Thunderbird easier. Without it you need to select the complete email address and press backspace - with it you click a button.
- Late on a test plan for external services
- Account provisionner
- Worked on Mac signed build
- Worked on beta release
- Had a rather unsuccessful test day last Thursday - (no activity visible)
Build / Release Update
- Bug 698843 is CLOSED. All Thunderbird builds are running on Firefox infrastructure now!
- Thunderbird 13.0b4, 13.0 final, and 10.0.5 ESR on deck this week
- account provisioner server work is done & working with new provider
- usual start page update
- reorganizing Knowledge Base forums to make it easier for contributors to find tasks (the forums function as a TODO list)
- prep for BCIT panel
- practicum student projects:
- article sourced in French needs to be translated into English so that it gets included in update / localization workflow
- add saved search draft from Andrew to Knowledge Base
- new enterprise tip transferred to MDN from enterprise mailing list: Updating users to access LDAP
- contributor drafts:
- enabling digital signatures and encryption
- compacting background and usage
- Next support day will be the day after TB 13 releases i.e. 1 day after TB13 release day June 5 which will be June 6, 2012
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- 1235 new support topics (1207 one week ago ) - Media:21-27May2012-Thunderbird-1-of-2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png ; Media:21-27May2012-Thunderbird-2-of-2-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- Thunderbird 12 Support Issues
- Further issues? If so please edit the TB12 Support Issues page and add any issues or bugs found in TB12 and tag them tb12
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- Please retweet the Vancouver Thunderbird Community Event June 1, 2012 announcement. Love to see you if you are in Vancouver!
- TB Support Clinic in Vancouver modelled after the Firefox in person support event aka Firefox Clinic before Mozcamp Europe sometime Summer 2012
- Mac builder could not be moved to scl3, we likely need a new one.
- Callek volunteered to put together a new VM for the windows builder to fix bug 757500.
- Lightning 1.5 release builds to be created tomorrow or Wednesday, likely need to be manually put together due to missing mac builder (2-3 changesets added)
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
Usul, jb, standard8, Jenz, Roland, John, Abourcier, Jcranmer, Bwinton, moncley, irving,bienvenu,florian,sancus