Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> irving
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Ludo needs to get a headset!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
Silent / Background Updates
- Tracking bug: bug 758326
- Hoping to land the maintenance service feature (no UAC prompt on Windows) and the staging of background updates this week
- Effects will take place the day after the patch has landed
- Please file bug in Thunderbird / Installer if you see an issue post landing
- Box.com component has been activated on Daily
- Please test!
- Still needs automated tests, referral codes
- Hopefully activating on Earlybird soon, which moves to Beta shortly.
- Fallen has put together an add-on that adds WebDAV support! See the Extension of the Week.
- All of our beta blockers have landed!
Google Summer of Code Projects
The GSoC working period has officially ended! Thank you to all of our students for their hard work. Evaluations are currently underway.
App Tabs for Thunderbird
Improving GMail Integration
Get ISPDB into Production
'No reply' reminder for Thunderbird
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 27 August
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
Extension of the week
- Webdav for FileLink let's you use WEBDAV servers to exchange huge file via emails.
usul: th... fileli... do... wa... setup choo... up.... provider... password and you're done!
- Release work
- Bugzilla followup work
- Thinking about the future
- Finalising What's new page, new features web page, blog post content
- Working with PR team to prepare press announcement on Aug 28th
- Working on TB summit logistics
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 15.0b4 released
- Thunderbird 15.0b5 'go' expected today
- Thunderbird 15.0 final build this week (~Thursday)
- Thunderbird 10.0.7ESR build this week
- TB15 validator bump needs review, should go out on Thursday
- whatsnew/features pages will go out for l10n today
- working on presentation for warsaw
- Next support day will be the day after TB 15 releases i.e. 1 day after TB15 release day August 28 which will be August 29, 2012 - It's fun and easy, just help us fill out our August 29, 2012 TB Support Day Etherpad
(If you support Thunderbird or write or translate documentation to help support Thunderbird, please subscribe to the tb-support-crew mailing list and briefly introduce yourself to the list)
- help wanted from linux folks: email rtanglao AT mozilla.com some Linux UbuntuOne screenshots and IM screenshots - it's pretty easy just download and install TB15 beta (you can create a test TB profile if you are worried about beta software)
- Thanks for community driven TB support Feedback so far. If you have more thoughts about the future of Thunderbird support, please add them to the tb-support etherpad
- 1150 new support topics (1148 one week ago ) - Media:13-19August2012-Community_stats_for_Mozilla_Messaging.png
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
usul: Would like to adjust the meeting format - much broken audio made it difficult to understand exactly what, but sounded like wanted individual who is up to what in the wiki to make it more information for contributors
rkent: What are we going to talk about in Warsaw? roland: Working out plan for his section (support) on Etherpad
rkent: Can Mozilla provide clear statement about who and how much time Mozilla staff will put on TB so that the community knows what they can work with?
standard8: JB was planning to post something, he's on vacation right now
... ongoing discussion about who knows what about ongoing Mozilla staff levels, and that Mozilla is not sharing this with the community
rkent: would like warsaw meetings to cover hearing from non-developer people what they currently do, and how the forward plan covers getting that done in future.
jenzed/abourcier/ludo: Some of those things on etherpad already, as a basis for Warsaw discussion; not everybody has fleshed this out yet
13:08 (rolandtanglao) rkent i believe all the support stuff (including what i do) is on the support etherpad at: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/tb-support
bwinton irving mconley standard8 usul rolandtanglao abourcier jhopkins jenzed florian rkent sancus andreasn (others?)