Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> irving
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
- Standard8 is away, Ludo is leading the meeting.
Friends of the Tree
No Friend of the Tree this week.
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
Modern Address Book
- Slow week - mostly complete moving my Mork connector over to the new connector interface
- Once that's done, according to the roadmap, I'll start hacking on the first iteration of the UI.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 19th November
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
Extension of the week
TorBirdy https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/torbirdy/ - configures Thunderbird to make connections over the Tor anonymity network.
Test scripts have migrated to Moztrap, but we are still adapting our workflows to the new environment.
A new contributor spoke up interested in working on engagement, but then stopped responding. We are still looking for volunteers to help with marketing.
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 17.0b2 released last week
- centos6/mock automation landed today. config changes will land for 18.0b1. bug 798361
- beta this week? not optimistic about it. please keep #build in the loop
- Still deep in porting moz.org to bedrock
- worked on Mozillians a bit last week
- Automated Start Page code should be ready for testing by the end of this week
- committed to moving SUMOMO content over to SUMO for week of Dec 11
Support and Documentation
(SUMO offsite in San Francisco last week)
- Please help us test TB 17 beta. It's our long term release for a year so we'd like its quality to be high and therefore we need to test it now with your add-ons, anti-virus and POP. Also TB17 beta fixes the spellcheck bug in TB 16, bug 790475
- 1186 new support topics (1280 two weeks ago ) - Media:Tbgs-29oct-4nov-2012.png
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
There was general discussion around whether there was person or group with specific responsibility for things like making sure our marketing position is filled; there was no real conclusion during the meeting.
A question was raised about how the release cycle will work after 17.0 - will we need any new repositories or changes to build automation? Irving suggested that Mark is likely the person who knows.
irving, mconley, ambourcier, rkent, andreasn, ludo, jhopkins, florian