Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> irving (again?)
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
- David Lechner has been working on various patches for Thunderbird, including patches with tests.
Modern Address Book
- More or less finished migrating the TB Mork connector over to the new interface
- Still need to re-jig / re-enable some tests for the new approach
- Hopefully starting some UI work later this week or early the next.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 19 11
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- For 17 onwards, we will be relaxing the rules slightly for the stability & security updates to allow more bug fixes, assuming they don't break the standard rules of no-L10n changes, not breaking extensions.
- Final beta out tomorrow
- This has the fix in for the downloading of emails multiple times bug, that has been seen with some imap servers & specific types of email.
- ESR 10 going to build sometime this week, with ESR 17 following when its ready.
Extension of the week
- Want to stop smoking try Quitomzilla
- Thunderbird 17 preparations and checking on crashes and making sure bugs have been filed.
- getting tools in line for TB17 release: blog post, what's new page.
- working with Gandi registrar on a program: any TB user can get a free .ME email address from Nov 15th to Dec 31st, 2012
- finalizing Engagement contributor briefing
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 17.0b3 this week
- CentOS6/mock release configs patch completed for merge day next week bug 798361
Support and Documentation
- Please help us test TB 17 beta. It's our long term release for a year so we'd like its quality to be high and therefore we need to test it now with your add-ons, anti-virus and POP. Also TB17 beta fixes the spellcheck bug in TB 16, bug 790475
- 687 new support topics (1186 1 week ago ) - Media:5-11november2012-gs-tb.png - Why fewer topics? Probably because we revamped en-US/kb/ask page in bug 751734 and bug 807146 (thanks to Vincent, Wayne, Matt, gozer and sancus for their help with this!)
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- Who is the list of people provided on the Thunderbird by Mozilla? See the proposed governance model
- Are the ADU stats for Thunderbird going to be public?
- We are working with the metrics team as to what can be made public
- Can we share income information of Thunderbird at as a whole?
- JB will discuss internally.
- In the past, Beta has been the pre-release version of the software, but now it is more of an early-adopter, could we promote it as such?
- Firefox doesn't seem too concerned about branding Firefox Beta as something close to Firefox Release. Promoting the relationship between the two doesn't seem to cause damage.