« previous week | index | next week »
Thunderbird Meeting Details :
- Tuesday, November 27, 2012 09:30 UTC (9:30am Pacific, 12:30pm Eastern)
- How to dial-in
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> mconley
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org that she can send them a shirt!
- Roland nominates Vincent aka el cameleon for writing articles in English, French and keeping track of hot, breaking Thunderbird issues.Merci beaucoup!
Modern Address Book
- Regression that I caught last week when importing contacts from the Mork address books is fixed. Hooray!
- I need to refactor the way we save contacts in the database, since that's affected by the new connector interface
- I've started designing the "backend for the front-end", so to speak. Nothing down yet, but soon.
- This section is getting removed because IM shipped! Woo!
Schedule and Progress
- Likely not going to be rolling a 17.0.1.
- Next merge date: 07 01
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- Thunderbird 18.0b1 rolling out this week (start build on Wednesday, ship it on Thursday)
Extension of the week
- Before Tabs Toolbar gives you a customizable toolbar just before the tab selector.
- For added sweetness, try this experimental version. When you drag the appmenu button in there, it looks like the current Firefox app button! Woo!
- Did TB release stuff.
- Trying to figure out how to do new job and old job!
- Cleaning up Bugzilla components that is watching.
Build / Release Update
- Thunderbird 18.0b1 this week
- bug 815302 - [tracking] Build Thunderbird ESR and Mainline from a single repo
- New Features page @: http://momo.last-chance.net/en-US/thunderbird/features
- Sandstone background and layout
- Font updated to Open Sans
- Tabzilla added to header menu, will be site-wide.
- Footer needs a few minor alterations, and screenshots probably need to be retaken/cropped better. I resized them quickly with CSS so some are a bit blurry. Couple of other minor tweaks.
- Not sure what to do with the main landing page image.
- Probably going to use the octopus.
Support and Documentation
- Again big thanks to all contributors (both volunteer and staff), past and preset, who helped support Thunderbird in the employee-driven phase. On to the next phase post Thunderbird 17! Can never give enough thanks!
- Hot Thunderbird 17 Support Issues:
- Windows Classic Theme bug - WORKAROUND: see KB article with hot issues
- bug 814630, bug 805185 - Multiple Thunderbird Message Windows - WORKAROUND: delete session.json or Alt F4 on Windows to close one of the Thunderbird Message Windows
- 915 new support topics (734 1 week ago ) - Media:19-25nov2012-tb-gs-stats.png
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- We're getting a few conflicts wrt times for this meeting.
- Mark is going to be sending around mail to tb-planning about frequency and timing for the status meeting moving forward, as well as the content for the status meetings.
- No meeting next week until further notice.
- If you're not on about:credits, go to about:credits, scroll all the way to the bottom for instructions on how to make that happen.