Thunderbird Meeting Details :
Remember to use headphones and mute yourself when not talking
Feel free to ask questions in the meeting either by speaking up or by asking them in #maildev on IRC.
Other ways to get in touch with us can be found on our communications page
- Who's taking minutes? --> jhopkins
- Minute taking Schedule. Talk to Standard8 for schedule changes/additions.
- Note: this meeting is for interactive discussion. Feel free to ask questions!
Friends of the Tree
Thanks to our Friend of the Tree. When adding someone to this section, please get their T-Shirt size, phone number (needed for shipping!) and send it to email@example.com that she can send them a shirt!
Modern Address Book
- It's been a slow couple of weeks due to other project deadlines (because today is release day!)
- I've almost finished porting over the TB Mork Connector tests to the new interfaces. I think I've found a regression while I'm at it, so there's that to fix as well.
- We're going to have to come up with a new solution for whitelisting HTML mail from particular addresses - we don't want to store that in the address book anymore.
Schedule and Progress
- Next merge date: 11 19
- For information about channels, point people here - http://www.mozilla.org/thunderbird/channel/
- merge scripts are now automated
- branding changes needed to allow mainstream and ESR branding to exist side-by-side in the same source repository
Extension of the week
- Prevent Message Deletion via tag
- .me promo
Build / Release Update
- closed bug 798361 - Make release automation work with mock slaves
- 18.0b1 and 17.0.1esr will be built using mock
- 17.0 + 17.0esr, 10.0.11esr released
- should not be getting 'random red' on Windows anymore
- fixed several bugs with account provisioner last week related to bug 812101
- pushed out l10n for TB17 & ESR What's New Pages
- Features page updates upcoming today asap
- planet.mozillamessaging.com is now at planet.mozilla.org/thunderbird
- both in sync for now, and will have a redirect in place soon
Support and Documentation
- Thanks to all who helped support Thunderbird in the employee-driven phase. On to the next phase post Thunderbird 17!
- Thunderbird 17 Support Day tomorrow November 21, 2012 - Starting NOW, please fill in the Thunderbird 17 Support Day Etherpad with Thunderbird 17 support issues
- 734 new support topics (687 1 week ago ) - Media:12-18November2012-TB-GS-Stats.png
- See this week's Support Appendix for full Get Satisfaction metrics and other support details
- :fallen has access to staging build environment to work through various build issues.
- Lightning is now being built along with Thunderbird to avoid the need for separate Lightning build infrastructure.
- still working on getting releases running.
See the Mozilla Status Board for status updates specific to developers.
- [jhopkins] beta release timing
- we will do our first beta on the second week, so no beta this week but beta next week instead.
ludovic, rkent, dlech, mbanner, roland, wsmwk, jhopkins, irving, mconley, bwinton, jb, ambourcier, sancus, andreasn