The following is an EXAMPLE. Do NOT edit this wiki page! Instead please COPY this wiki page i.e. COPY the contents of https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Support/GetSatisfaction/ExampleSupportTopic and then PASTE at http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/new under "Want help with something? Let's get you an answer. ", and edit in Get Satisfaction with your particular problem details.
Title - Cannot Send email with gmail using Thunderbird 3.0
Email configuration and provider -
- OS and Thunderbird version - e.g. Thunderbird 3.0 on Windows 7
- Mail Service Provider: your mail provider e.g. GMAIL
- Mail Protocol: your protocol e.g. IMAP or POP
- Mail Server Settings: e.g.INCOMING: server name:pop.gmail.com, port: 995, username:firstname.lastname@example.org, Use Secure Connection: SSL, Leave messages on Server:checked OUTGOING: Server Name: smtp.gmail.com Port:587, Username:email@example.com, Secure Connection: STARTTLS
- Internet Service Provider: e.g. Comcast (often ISPs will block email from other Mail Providers unless correctly configured e.g. Comcast could block Yahoo Mail on port 25 and require you to use another port e.g. 587)
- Add-ons/Extensions: your extensions e.g. Mail Tweak extension nothing else
- Antivirus and Firewall software: e.g. McAfee 4.9, Kaspersky 3.5, Avast 4.8
What I did:
- you did this first
- you did this second
- you did this e.g. Email was not SENT, error message was "wonderful Thunderbird email message"
What I expected:
- you expected this e.g. Email to be sent