in rough order with very rough time frames (to be driven by a tracker bug):
- test migration of userids to kitsune kb (Jan 2011) - MoMo Web Dev & IT (see UserIdMigrationNotes)
- test data migration to kitsune kb (Jan 2011) - MoMo Web Dev
- actual data migration - easier to do it by hand unforunately, fortunately we only have 85 articles in (I believe 6 or so languages)
- do any CSS and other web design work needed for kitsune kb transition (Jan 2011) - MoMo Web Dev for minor tweaks, unknown if major design changes required
- turn off tiki wiki / disable old site and then repeat above steps and go live i.e. remove .htaccess after testing (Feb 2011) - MoMo Web Dev and IT
Notes from James
- KB articles change syntax, and by January we'll have dropped the migration code from the latest version. It takes time to run and isn't anywhere near 100%. Migrating wiki articles might go better by hand.
- Users can be moved pretty directly into the new tables with INSERT...SELECT. If you just copy their current passwords (MD5) they'll be updated to a Sha256 hash next time they log in.
- We'll still be using .htaccess for in-product and a few other redirects probably through the end of Q1.
- During Q1 we'll be updating the theme of the non-KB parts of the site to match the new KB. We're also adding better support for mobile devices.