Thunderbird Support Day February 2, 2012
- When: All day February 2, 2012
- Where: TB10 support issues Etherpad based on support topics in the official Thunderbird Get Satisfaction Forum or your favourite unofficial Thunderbird Support Forum and optionally in IRC at irc.mozilla.org, #tb-support-crew (if you don't have an IRC client installed, then try this web client: #tb-support-crew via the mibbit client ) - Roland Tanglao, the Thunderbird Technical Support Lead, will be monitoring the Etherpad and IRC 9a.m. Pacific - 5p.m Pacific with a break or two for lunch and coffee
Thunderbird 10 is going to be released January 31, 2012. Based on experience with prior releases, the first two or three days after the release are when the support community finds the issues with that release. Hence having the support day on February 2nd two days after the release on the 31st. The next Thunderbird Support Day is March 14, 2012 for TB11.
Thunderbird 10 is also the first ESR release and with the End of Life of Thunderbird 3.1 scheduled in April 2012, TB 10 will be the release that lots of folks will be upgrading to from TB 3.1 and in the Enterprise.
Therefore we are going to have a support day to try and collectively as a support community and more efficiently find these problems faster and help each other solve them.
How to participate
- Upgrade To Thunderbird 10
- If you find an issue, search for the issue in your forum e.g. here's how to search in the Get Satisfaction Thunderbird forum. If you find the issue, post that link to the February 2, 2012 Thunderbird Support Day Etherpad. If you don't find the issue create a new support forum post and post that link to the February 2, 2012 Thunderbird Support Day Etherpad.
- If you have no issues, search your favourite Thunderbird Support forum e.g. search the Get Satisfaction Thunderbird support forum and if you can identify any hot TB 10 related issues, please add links to them on the February 2, 2012 Thunderbird Support Day Etherpad
- Try to solve the issue or find a workaround for the issue. If you do find a workaround or solution, please update the February 2, 2012 Thunderbird Support Day Etherpad
- If you can't find a solution or workaround, create a bug on bugzilla. If you don't know how to do that you can IRC roland on irc.mozilla.org or email rtanglao AT mozilla.com